Tuesday 1 January 2019

Happy New Year + Goals for 2019



Hello, beautiful people! Happy New Year!

I wish you to have an amazing year, to accomplish your dreams, to find new ones, to have good health, to laugh, to be happy, to discover amazing fictional worlds and so much more!


As this is my very first blog post of 2019, I wanted to write a bit about what I wanted to accomplish in 2019, whether it was personal or about reading. I already did something like that last year, so I thought it would motivate me to make 2019 a great year. To be honest, 2018 was the best year of my life and I intend this year to be amazing as well.

L I F E  G O A L S

I just reread my life goals for 2018 and they made me cry... What a fun way to start this year, haha. This time last year, I was so lost within my own life, I had no idea what would happen in 2018. I wanted to find out what I wanted to do with my life and to be more like myself every day. We're exactly a year later and I did more than I thought I would do: I graduated from my old master to find the right one, I'm starting an amazing internship in nine days and I know where I'm going. A year ago, I wanted to be more like myself, and now I finally am, I'm finally breathing again. Everything changed since I embraced my own sexuality. I haven't told a lot of people yet, but it feels so good to think "I'm bisexual. There, I can think about it now." I still have so much to learn and to figure out, but I am finally myself. 

I feel like any of my life goals would feel like nothing now, because in the end, I made last year the best year in my life. But of course, there is always room for improvment. In a few months, I will have graduated from my second master and will be trying to find a job and that will be life-changing. If I have one goal for myself this year, it is to remember that I am enough. I achieved so many things in the past few years and the best part is, I own it all to myself. I can do so many more wonderful things with my life, and I will. I will find a job, I will be responsible of myself financially, it'll all come in good time.


If there's another goal I want to pursue in 2019, it's to write more. At the end of 2018, a new novel idea came to me and by that, I mean that my characters haven't stopped talking to me in about two weeks. I have notes all over my phone about them, their aesthetics, some scenes, parts of an outline. This year, I want to have an entire outline and to write as much of it as possible. There's so much of myself in this story that it's the continuation of how much I grew in 2018, so yup, I'll do that too. For blogging, I'm going to attempt once again to post once a week. I have so many blog posts ideas, but I rarely make the time to write them. I really want to find that time again; I managed to write 45 blog posts in 2018, so I'm sure I can write 52 this year!

Last but not least, I want to be even more like myself. I want to laugh, I want to cry, I want to travel, I want to get out of my comfort zone more, I want the good and I'll survive the bad, I want everything.


R E A D I N G  G O A L S

Like last year, I have decided  that I wouldn't set up a real Goodreads challenge. I put one book in it to be able to track down my reading, but that's about it. I've been living my non-TBR life for months now, which I'm beyond happy about, so it quite goes with it. My reading life is a big Carpe Diem, lately.

I realised throughout 2018 that I wasn't looking at my challenge unless someone would ask me about it, and it was the same thing for wrap-ups: I made lists without counting how many books I had read, with the exception of my 31 books in 31 days in July, obviously. I also read the books I had on my 2018 book bucket list, so truly, last year was a success for my reading goals (I could have done better with broadening the classics I read, but that's it).

Last year, I challenged myself to read one of Agatha Christie's novels each month and it was so much fun! Discovering an author's works this way was very interesting and I really want to do it this year, once again. This summer, I decided that the author I'd discover that way in 2019 would be...


I've read some of his plays in French, but I've always been a bit scared to read them in English. However, in 2019, that fear will be no more! I have so many of his plays that I want to read, so I'll have to get over myself and read one of them every month (I'll read his poetry too at some point, of course!). If any of you are interested in this challenge, please go ahead and join me! I know I motivated some of my friends to read Agatha Christie last year, so I'd love to hear about anyone reading Shakespeare this year too. I'm calling this challenge 12 Months with Shakespeare and I'll talk about it some more on my Instagram.

Other than that, I really want to continue reading more non-fiction, as it was a success last year. I added so many non-fiction books on Goodreads, so I have to get to more of them and I'm so excited about it! I am going to try to read at least a non-fiction book each month, but it's an unofficial challenge, so we'll see how it goes. 



Moreover, now that I'm over my fantasy slump - I finished A Game of Thrones yesterday and I miss it so much, I need to buy the second book! -, I also want to get back into fantasy. I want to read as many of Robin Hobb and George R.R. Martin's works as possible this year, obviously, but also to discover more fantasy authors. I'll be taking part in the fantasy challenge hosted by Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, which I'm super excited about and I will talk about my TBR ideas for it a bit more in another blog post!

So there you have it, here is what I want to accomplish in 2019. I cannot wait to see what this new year has in store for me and I hope that I'll be able to make the most of it. I mainly want to pursue everything I started in 2018 and most importantly, to be myself!

Do you have any goals for 2019? For your life, reading or blogging?


Lots of love,
Lucie

9 comments:

  1. I simply wanted to thank you a lot more for your amazing website you have developed here. It can be full of useful tips for those who are actually interested in this specific subject, primarily this very post. Your all so sweet in addition to thoughtful of others and reading the blog posts is a great delight in my opinion. And thats a generous present! Dan and I usually have enjoyment making use of your recommendations in what we need to do in the near future. Our checklist is a distance long and tips will certainly be put to excellent use. Happy New Year Messages In English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you¡¦ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and simply couldn’t come across. What a perfect web-site. rentacarkosova New Year Wishes Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really interesting info , well written and broadly speaking user pleasant. Happy New Year Best Status 2020

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some truly nice and utilitarian info on this internet site , besides I think the layout holds wonderful features. NEW YEAR CARD MESSAGES

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s not me not used to blogging and actually value internet site. You can find much innovative content that peaks my interest. Let me bookmark your website whilst checking you out of trouble. New Year Best Messages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative post. Your current Website style is awesome as well! New Year Wishes Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m writing to make you know of the fabulous encounter my wife’s child undergone going through the blog. She realized a good number of things, not to mention what it’s like to have an excellent giving spirit to make certain people just learn certain extremely tough subject areas. You undoubtedly surpassed readers’ desires. Many thanks for presenting the useful, trustworthy, revealing and as well as easy tips about this topic to Sandra. New Year 2020 Wishes Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Nice post! Please inform us when we will see a follow up! Happy New Year Wallpapers Images Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually cant find it in me to care enough to leaves a comment for articles on the web but this was actually pretty good, thanks and keep it up, Ill check back again Happy New Year Wallpapers Full Hd

    ReplyDelete