Wednesday 5 April 2017

Paris Book Fair and meeting Internet friends // March Wrap-Up & April 2017 TBR

Can you believe that we're already in April? It's all so crazy. I feel like I'm saying that at the end of every month, but really. I have no idea where all this time is going. March was such a busy month for me, I didn't see it pass. 

At the beginning of the month, I met an Internet friend for the first time ever. Can you imagine my anxiety? It was grand lmao (but it was great). Anywho, I met Clara (aka thebookwormofnotredame on Instagram) and we went to Shakespeare & Co. and other bookstores, because obviously. Here's to overcome my social anxiety, because I wouldn't have met her and Lydia otherwise.

In March, Paris Book Fair happened and it was the first time I ever attended. I was so excited and it was such a perfect week-end. My best friend was with me so we finally had time to catch up and watch Beauty and the Beast. I hadn't felt that happy in a long time, because I could truly be myself (and fangirl all day), as I was with people who are like me, with the best squad ever. At the Fair, I got to meet Rainbow Rowell, Marie Rutkoski and Jojo Moyes (!!!), it was so amazing. And I was freaking out on the inside obvisouly, but not as much than with Leigh Bardugo, haha.

Me with Marie Rutkoski / Rainbow Rowell / Jojo Moyes


  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab 4 stars
  • We Are Okay by Nina LaCour 3.5 stars
  • Paper and Fire (The Great Library #2) by Rachel Caine 2 stars
  • And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White 4 stars
  • These Ruthless Deeds (These Vicious Masks #2) by Tarun Shanker et Kelly Zekas 3 stars
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by J.K. Rowling (audiobook) 4 stars
  • Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly 5 stars
  • and two French books I both rated 3.5 stars

My reading tastes are broadening themselves so much lately and it makes me so happy. March clearly showed that, because the only book I rated five stars was non-fiction. Wut. I had loved Hidden Figures when I watched it and I knew I had to read the book, even though it was just facts and I wasn't sure I would enjoy it. This book was a punch into my face and I still haven't been able to form words to talk about it, but I will, soon. Moreover, I finally started to listen to audiobooks in English – I was only doing that in French before – and started with the new Fantastic Beasts, because it was narrated by Eddie Redmayne (aka I have no words to describe him except for my fangirling). I loved it so much and I'm pretty sure I'm ruined for other audiobooks, but now I know I can do it! I'm so excited to listen to more of them.



 I'm supposed to be on a semi-book buying ban (but it won't last long I'm sure), which means I should empty my TBR a little. Here are the books I'm most excited to read:
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
  • Tess of the d'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy (which I'm currently buddy reading)
  • Making Faces by Amy Harmon
  • Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
  • Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
  • The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (reread) => time to prepare for ACOWAR even if I'm not ready. *sobs*

What did you read in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment