Wednesday 29 July 2015

Chris Pratt Book Tag

Today, I wanted to do a little something different, because I only wrote book reviews since I started this blog. I was watching Booktube videos this morning (like all the time, let's be honest!) and Riley's new video, Chris Pratt Book Tag, particularily stood out to me, and I wanted to do it. Go watch her video (and every other she made, she's amazing). So, let's jump into this tag!


Guardians of the Galaxy: Your favourite character ensemble

Mentionning the Percy Jackson's or Harry Potter's cast of character would be a little too easy, even if the characters are amazing together. But, in The Raven Boys, I love to see the four boys and Blue interacting together, in order to find Glendower. Moreover, these main characters also interact with Blue's family (who are psychics) and it's alwways so fun to see! Persephone and Adam interacted a lot in Blue Lily, Lily Blue, and I loooooved it. Great characters. Great book. Go read it.


Andy Dwyer: A character or book you can’t help but love despite their flaws 

The first character that came to my mind was Draco Malfoy, just like Riley in the original tag. But, I wanted to change a little, so I thought about Jessamine Lovelace from the Infernal Devices. This is one of my favourite trilogies, I remembered loving her, even if she was a little selfish and wanted a mundane fate, in the middle of all these Shadowhunters. She was manipulative and mean sometimes, but I loved her, and I always will. It was my little baby in this trilogy.


Anna Faris: Your OTP (Favorite romantic relationship) 

Without a doubt, Will Herondale and Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices! When I first read Clockwork Angel, I still read in French, but I loved them so much and wanted to know what happened in the next book so badly that I bought Clockwork Prince in English. Since then, I read in English all the time. I don't regret anything. So really, I thank my OTP for that. BTW, if Tessa is with Will, it's because I keep Jem for me. 


Chris Evans: Your BrOTP (Favorite friendship) 
Chris Evans is my bae <3 

I don't know why, but it was the hardest question for me to answer. I wanted to focus on female friendships here, that's why I chose Ruby and Zu from The Darkest Minds. I loved the bond these two characters created during the first book. For both of them, their world isn't easy to live in, and honestly, they're just kids! Zu is one of the reasons Ruby met the others in the first place, and I liked how she always wanted to protect Zu (even if she didn't need protection all the time), it was a cute sisterly relationship. 


Jurassic World: A badass character 

I'm obsessed with Marie Lu again, because the Young Elites was finally published in French and my boyfriend read it and love it (guess who recommended it to him?). There were a lot of characters that could fit into this tag. However, I remembered June from the Legend Trilogy, how she had been trained to be a soldier all her life (she was the Republic's jewel, remember?) and impressed Day in a street fight, in the first book. I think I want to reread this trilogy now, ugh! Same that for the Infernal Devices, I read the first two books in French, then the third in English, because I wanted to know how it ended.

The Lego Movie: A book that doesn’t get the recognition it deserves 

A few years ago, the Unearthly trilogy had a little success, but not enough for my tastes, because it was such a good paranormal book about angels. So if you haven't read it yet, I would suggest you to pick it up. But, I'd like to talk about her last release, The Last Time We Say Goodbye. This year, I've a feeling a lot of books about suicide have been released: I was here, My heart and other black holes, All the bright places... But this book really stood out to me, I read it before I was here, who was the most popular of these books, and I loved it so much more. This book felt so true, because the author dealt with these issues, considering her brother committed suicide sixteen years ago. I was already crying because of this book, but when I read the acknowledgments, it broke my heart. So please, I know there are so many books on the subject out there, but this one is the best for me. I already loved Unearthly, but with this one, Cynthia Hand found a special place in my heart.


Transformation: Best character development 

For this one, it was pretty easy: Juliette from Shatter Me. In the first book, she's just a scared little girl who've been locked away because of her powers. She is terrified of her powers and doesn't want to use them when Warner asks her to. But during the last two books, she overcomes her weaknesses to become a strong character. In the first book, I didn't like her very much, but she's been through so much character development... Tahereh Mafi did really good!


Everwood: A book you read before it was popular 

It was a tough one, because I read books when they're released, it doesn't really work, except for books that I read before they were turn into movies, like Divergent. So, I had to look into my childhood, and the most logical answer was The Spiderwick Chronicles, because it was turn into a movie, long after I've read it. Moreover, it was the first books I've read by Holly Black. 

I don't tag anyone in particular, but feel free to do it, I really liked this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment