Tuesday 18 August 2015

Top Ten of my Auto-Buy Authors | Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish.

This auto-buy author concept is a little knew to me, because I have never considered I could buy anything one of my favourite authors could put into words. However, I think I can try to make a list, because I have auto-buy authors, even if I didn't know it.


  1. SARAH J. MAAS

I think this is the most obvious one for me. Last year, I discovered the Throne of Glass series and I loved every single book of this series. Solid five stars for all of them. Then, I heard she was starting another series, A Court of Thorns and Roses. When it was released, I had no idea what it was about, but I bought it, ate it, loved it. Of course, I don't have any doubt about this author anymore and I think I can say I will buy every book she writes. Don't even get me started on Queen of Shadows, because I was in a bit of a reading slump, I only want to read it, these days.


  1. MARIE LU

This is one of my special cases author. I read Legend in French, loved it so much I returned to the bookstore to buy Prodigy, read it, and then, I didn't know what to do. So I bought Champion in English, because I needed to know how it would end… I wasn't disappointed! It was one of my first gifts to myself for my birthday, haha. I loved the Young Elites, even though I wasn't as impressed as I was when I read Legend. I made my boyfriend read it and he totally loved it, I'm really proud about that. Now, I'm eagerly anticipating The Rose Society, did you see the cover? It is GORGEOUS.


  1. VICTORIA SCHWAB

I discovered this author last year through The Archived and I was beyond excitement for the e-novella that was released this January, Leave the Window Open (Wesley's first name was revealed, can you believe it?). Then, I read Vicious and I was SO BLOWN AWAY. I think this is one of the best book I have ever read. After that, I bought A Darker Shade of Magic and then again BLOWN AWAY. It was such a unique novel and I loved every London and I can't wait for A Gathering of Shadows to come out! And I didn't even mention the 'book formerly known as Monster' aka This Savage Song.


  1. CYNTHIA HAND

I think more people should read her books, because they are seriously fantastic. I remember how much I loved Unearthly, it is one of the best angel series I have ever read (with Angelfall). However, this author really blew me away with her latest novel, The Last Time We Say Goodbye. I know I've mentioned it before, because it made me cry so much and it rang so true. It is a novel revolving around suicide, a girl who has to go on with her life when her brother committed suicide. The author was this girl, at some point in her life and she was so good at putting it into words, that this story touched my soul.


  1. MARISSA MEYER

I am so impressed with the Lunar Chronicles, this is a perfect mix between dystopia, science-fiction and fairy tale retellings. I have been waiting for Winter since I finished Cress last year, it is definitely my most anticipated release of 2015. I know that the author has other projects like Heartless and I can't wait to discover her through other stories and characters.


  1. LEIGH BARDUGO

I was surprised by the Grisha trilogy, it has become one of my favourite YA high fantasy series. The first book in a spin-off duology, Six of Crows, will be released at the end of September, I'm really excited about that, it seems to have a great cast of characters and the early reviews really praised it. I will also reread the entire Grisha trilogy before Six of Crows comes out, because I miss the Darkling.


  1. MORGAN MATSON

I think this is my favourite author of YA contemporaries. It's a bit sad she only has a book out every two years but they are all so good that it's alright. I loved the three books she wrote, when I didn't expect to. I'm really excited, because next year we will be in 2016, which means another book. *fangirls*


  1. ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

The Darkest Minds is a really good dystopia and I'm so excited about Bracken's upcoming releases. First, there is a Star Wars retelling, I've never read that kind of things before, but I'm not afraid, because she wrote it. Moreover, people said she 'gets Star Wars', which means… It has to be good, right? Next year, Passenger will be out and it sounds sooooo good! It's about a violinist who has a time traveling gift and has to help people from another time period in order to get home but well, she might be falling in love.


  1. VERONICA ROTH

I don't need to tell you what she wrote, don't I? I loved Divergent before the movie (btw I didn't like the Insurgent movie…), even if I was a little disappointed by Allegiant, because I expected SO MUCH MORE. But it doesn't matter, because I remember reading Divergent and Insurgent as if I couldn't get enough of them, and that's the best feeling a book can give you. I heard she's writing another series so yes, of course, I will read it.


  1. TAHEREH MAFI

I loooved the Shatter Me trilogy and now it has been optioned to be a TV show! They'd better find a good Warner, or I'll scream. I had a hard time with the writing at first, but I'm used to it now. I heard the premise of her new novel, Furthermore, and it sounds really interesting.

What about you? Who are your auto-buy authors?
Let me know in the comments ;)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your Divergent/Insurgent/Allegiant comments, I'm not all that keen to rush out and see the next movie when it hits theatres, the book was such a disappointment! I'm so impatient for Six of Crows to come out too!

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Schwab on my list as well.
    I actually only recently learned that Six of Crows is the spin of duology. I read the summary of it ages ago and wanted to get my hand son it as soon as possible simply because of what this story is about, but now i really want to read the Grisha trilogy before, so i will have to get on that since Six of Crows comes out soon.
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete