Wednesday 26 August 2015

Queen of Shadows & Vengeance Road | Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine in which we discuss our most anticipated upcoming releases. Personally, I always speak of books released on the next Tuesday, but that's not everyone's case.

Title: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4)

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children

Release date: September 1st 2015

Goodreads summary: Sarah J. Maas's New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series reaches new heights in this sweeping fourth volume.



Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past...


She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.


MY THOUGHTS

The answer is really obvious. I've read the three first books in this series, and it kept getting better and better. I've been anticipating this book since I finished Heir of Fire, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I've never been disappointed by Sarah J. Maas, I know I'll love it!



Title: Vengeance Road

Author: Erin Bowman

Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers

Release date: September 1st 2015

Goodreads summary: When Kate Thompson’s father is killed by the notorious Rose Riders for a mysterious journal that reveals the secret location of a gold mine, the eighteen-year-old disguises herself as a boy and takes to the gritty plains looking for answers and justice. What she finds are devious strangers, dust storms, and a pair of brothers who refuse to quit riding in her shadow. But as Kate gets closer to the secrets about her family, she gets closer to the truth about herself and must decide if there's room for love in a heart so full of hate.

In the spirit of True Grit, the cutthroat days of the Wild West come to life for a new generation.

MY THOUGHTS

I've never read a novel set in the Wild West before, I'll confess that I'm really curious about that. I've read a lot of early reviews of this book, and so many people seemed to have loved it. I just want to jump on that train and see what it's all about. 

Are you excited for these books (especially QoS)? What books are you most excited about this wednesday? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment