Monday 31 August 2015

Goodbye Summer Time! | August 2015 Wrap Up


I can't believe August is already over, that it will be school time again, then Fall (hello, big coats!) and then Christmas (in three months, but I'm already excited and I've started my book wishlist).

WHAT I READ

I was in a reading slump this month, because of some books that pissed me off, so I mainly read e-novellas (I know, it seems that I read a lot but in fact I didn't). I'm also really excited for some releases like Queen of Shadows (my pre-order will only arrive the 15th sadly), I didn't want to read anything else...

Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover (Maybe #1.5) 4 stars
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (The Winner Trilogy #1) 4.5 stars
The Winner's Crime (The Winner Trilogy #2) 3.5 stars
Rook by Sharon Cameron 4.5 stars
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith 5 stars
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 2.5 stars
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout DNF
Uprooted by Naomi Novik 4.5 stars
Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #1) by Cassandra Clare 4 stars
The Lost Herondale (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #2) by Cassandra Clare 4 stars
The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #3) by Cassandra Clare 4.5 stars
Nothing but Shadows (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #4) by Cassandra Clare 5 stars
The Evil We Love (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #5) by Cassandra Clare 4.5 stars
Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #6) by Cassandra Clare 4 stars
Bitter of Tongue (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #7) by Cassandra Clare 4 stars
This is what happy looks like by Jennifer E. Smith 4 stars

Currently reading: Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen // Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.

WHAT I WATCHED

Fantastic Four: I really liked the fact that this movie was more about character development than fully action-packed. I know it confused some people, but I'm not among them. It was very interesting to see the beginning of Ben and Reed's friendship during their childhood. They took the characters in a direction I wasn't expecting and it was totally realistic. 4 stars

Up (rewatch): I loved it even so much more the second time around (I didn't think I would, honestly), I cried a lot and laughed a lot. It was one of the best Pixar movies. 5 stars

The Maze Runner: I still hadn't watch it, I know. It was true to the book and everything, but it didn't exactly blew me away as a movie. I'm waiting to see The Scorch Trials. 3.5 stars

Pretty Little Liars (season 6): Overall, I liked the plot from this season but when the truth was revealed about A, I was so disappointed. It was totally weird and I had a hard time containing my disbelief, but honestly, it's maybe just me. However, I'm so excited about season 6B, because of the time jump, I really want to know what the Liars have become and what is this new threat.

WHAT I POSTED

Reviews: The Winner's Curse | The Geography of You and Me | The Winner's Crime | White Hot Kiss | Rook | Uprooted | Trial by Fire    
Top Ten Tuesday: 1 | | 3
Waiting on Wednesday: 1 | 2 | 3
Other: Top Ten Books I read this year (so far)

WHAT HAPPENED IN MY LIFE

  1. I celebrated my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, I'm so happy!
  2. I went in vacation in the South of France, it was soooo hot. I was just going to the beach, swimming and reading all day.
  3. I just came back from a formation and now I'm totally able to work with children (it's for my summer job), I'm kinda graduated for that.
  4. I'm really sad I have to go back to school in the weeks to come...
How was your month?

No comments:

Post a Comment