Monday 30 November 2015

It was a long month... | November 2015 Wrap-up & December 2015 TBR

#covergasm

HI GUYS!
I got a lot of work to do for uni this month, but apparently, I survived! I should reward myself by buying more books. On a sadder note, I live in Paris and I guess you’ve all heard about the attacks… I was at my parents’ house for the week-end, and it was really depressing getting back there. The atmosphere is heavy and I can’t entirely feel secure these days, but it will be better. Let’s talk about happier thoughts, like books!

Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman 4 stars
Carry on by Rainbow Rowell 4 stars
Ungodly by Kendare Blake 3.5 stars
The Revolution of Ivy 3.5 stars
Winter by Marissa Meyer 5 stars
November 9 by Colleen Hoover 5 stars
Soundless by Richelle Mead 2 stars
Angels Twice Descending by Cassandra Clare enovella 3 stars
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon 4 stars
Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen 4.5 stars
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray 4 stars
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken DNF 
Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken 4.5 stars

Currently reading: Air Awakens by Elise Kova

I also read a lot of books for my history class, but I won’t list them for you, it’s less interesting.

I'm really happy that I got to read all the new releases I was excited for in November, it was my main goal for the month. I had a good reading month, I enjoyed most of the books I've read. However, I DNF-ed Alex Bracken's debut novel - released in 2010 - because even if the world was interesting, it felt like books I've read before... She sure grew up as a writer since this book and I'm still really excited for Passenger! I immediatly picked up Through the Dark - The Darkest Minds novellas - because I wanted to love her books again... And I did! The novellas had a real point and I loved reading more from this world. 


Movies                                                 TV shows
Lolo                                                         Arrow
Astérix : le Domaine des dieux                   Once Upon A Time
           Dofus : Julith                                       The Big Bang Theory
            Belle et Sébastien                            Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
Mockingjay Part 2                                                            
Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang                                                  

November 1st, I was in Rotterdam for the end of my holiday, but I think I already talked about it in my October Wrap-Up. November 11th, I had a holiday, I walked around in Paris, because I don’t do that that much – and I’ve lived there for two years. I went to Champs-Elysees when I saw the Republican Guard because of the ceremony of the day. Then, I went to WHSmith, an English bookstore rue de Rivoli when I got Winter by Marissa Meyer (yay). I went to an exhibition about a painter of the 18th century (one of my favourite time periods), it was really interesting. After that, I got back him by walking near the Seine, it was so beautiful, but it was quite far from home so… My feet hurt so badly.



If I had such a beautiful day, we got the news of the Paris attacks two days after. I don’t want to talk much about it, but we’ll be okay, like we always have.


On Saturday 14th, I went to a premiere for an animated movie based on the video game Dofus. The movie was made by a French studio not far from home, I’m so happy about it! The movie was great because FANTASY, we even got goodies; it was so nice of the team.

(My little brothers with the masks we got)

I mostly had a quiet month for the rest of November. I went to my grandmother’s home for the weekend two weeks ago. She lives near the sea but it was SO COLD. I saw it but… In the car! I went to a French book even there and bought books for my family (and two for myself, what happened, I’m gonna read something in French?).


Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner (published December 1st)
Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes (published December 15th)

Zodiac by Romina Russel
Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee


For me, this month was SO LONG and I'm happy it's over, because it's December, which means Christmas isn't that far away. I also need to finish buying Christmas presents!

How was your month?
Tell me everything in the comments ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment