Wednesday 18 November 2015

Passenger | Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine where I discuss the upcoming releases that I'm most excited for. 

Title: Passenger (Passenger #1)
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Published: January 5th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

Goodreads summary: passage, n.
i. A brief section of music composed of a series of notes and flourishes.
ii. A journey by water; a voyage.
iii. The transition from one place to another, across space and time.

In one devastating night, violin prodigy Etta Spencer loses everything she knows and loves. Thrust into an unfamiliar world by a stranger with a dangerous agenda, Etta is certain of only one thing: she has traveled not just miles but years from home. And she’s inherited a legacy she knows nothing about from a family whose existence she’s never heard of. Until now.

Nicholas Carter is content with his life at sea, free from the Ironwoods—a powerful family in the colonies—and the servitude he’s known at their hands. But with the arrival of an unusual passenger on his ship comes the insistent pull of the past that he can’t escape and the family that won’t let him go so easily. Now the Ironwoods are searching for a stolen object of untold value, one they believe only Etta, Nicholas’ passenger, can find. In order to protect her, he must ensure she brings it back to them— whether she wants to or not.

Together, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the traveler who will do anything to keep the object out of the Ironwoods’ grasp. But as they get closer to the truth of their search, and the deadly game the Ironwoods are play­ing, treacherous forces threaten to sep­arate Etta not only from Nicholas but from her path home . . . forever


MY THOUGHTS

This book involves ships, that's the only thing I needed to be sold, tbh. I loved Bracken's The Darkest Minds, so of course I'm jumping on this ship I'm so funny. This book involved a violonist, that's so cool, and it has to deal with time travel? What else do you need? I just want to be in January already...

Are you excited about this book? 

7 comments:

  1. LOL, I almost picked this one for my WoW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still pick it for next WoW! ;) It's because this book will be GLORIOUS!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds really good. I've been seeing it all over the place too. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all a little obsessed about it, and it only comes in January! The first arcs were given at BEA, so a LOOONG time ago, I guess that's why? I'm so glad it is one of the first books published next year! :)

      Delete
  3. Woah...the entire aspect of time travel sounds very intriguing, and I've always been a fan of Bracken's work, so lets just hope that this COMES QUICK and I can devour it completely :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read a lot of books about time traveling, but I loved those that I read! I think it will totally be a trend in 2016. I agree with you, even though I still need to read her Star Wars book (I just saw it in my local bookstore yesterday, but it was in French and I don't want a translation...) before the next Star Wars movie is released! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for linking me to your WoW over at my blog! I'm also super excited to start reading Passenger! Time traveling ships? Multiple iconic eras in history? Cute main characters? Yeah, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete