Tuesday 1 December 2015

2016 Debuts | Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. The last time I did a TTT it was for Halloween, it feels like forever ago. Anyway, I had to do this week's topic, because DEBUTS.


HIGH FANTASY



High fantasy is my favorite genre so of course I had to start with it! There are so many debuts from this genre which will be released next year! I'm really excited about Sword and Verse because it's about a world where there is still slavery. The main character, Raisa, is a slave but starts working in the palace as a Learned One. She falls for the prince but is also approached by the Resistance so what will she do? DUM DUM DUM. It reminds me a little of An Ember in the Ashes so of course I want it! Assassin's heart is about families fighting for power and assassins (obviously) so OMG I want! It is also full of romance but mostly assassiiiiiins (I know I already said it but, but, but). The Crown's Game is set in a Russian land (yes we'll have culture) about two enchanters that have to fight each other to die or become the Imperial Enchanter. But of course, they fall in love in the process so struggle

 

Rebel of the Sands takes place in a desert. I love setting where there is no in-between, weatherly speaking. Djinn might be alive in this world and what else do you need? Burning Glass is about a girl with a powerful gift who is forced to serve the emperor, while assassins try to kill him constantly. It reminds me a little of Red Queen but it'll probably more... Original!


WITH AN HISTORICAL VIBE... BUT MOSTLY FANTASY 


Okay, this is the category of 'OMG I want you now but idk how to describe you'. Seriously. I really don't know how to qualify Ivory and Bone but... it takes place on the Great Ice it sounds so cool. I've not read a lot of novels with that kind of setting (maybe After the End by Amy Plum but that's pretty much all) so now I want to because I'm curious and I love learning about new places. Blackhearts will probably be a big thing because it is about Blackbeard... before Blackbeard. So yay, pirates and ships and prequel! Revenge and the Wild is one of these western books we started to see in 2015. This one is mixed with steampunk so it is right up my alley!


TIME TRAVEL 


Time traveling will probably be a new trend in YA for the upcoming years (Passenger *coughs*) and I'm really looking forward to it, because I'm such a history nerd. The Girl From Everywhere features a ship where time traveling is possible, so yay (btw ships are life my favorite trope). I found the plot to be rather interesting, because it is about our main character, Nix, whose mother died while giving her life. So her father wants to get back to the day Nix was born and prevent her mother to die... But it could change her whole life, especially the fact that she loves one of the members of the crew. Into the Dim will make the main character travels to Eleanor of Aquitaine and Henry II's era and I want this so badly! When we have a historical novel, it's not often set in the Middle Ages and I want more of those, so bring Into the Dim to me!

So many unique and interesting debuts are being released next year, I can't get to have them in my hands and love them!

Are you excited about these books? Have you heard of other debuts I should add to my TBR list?

4 comments:

  1. What a great list! Rebel of the Sands sounds fantastic. I keep seeing it crop up!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yes, Rebel of the Sands sounds great and the author is really nice!

      Delete
  2. All of the books on your high fantasy list are on my TBR (mostly found through people's TTT's actually)!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/top-ten-tuesday-33/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High fantasy is everything, so I'm not surprised really ;)

      Delete