Saturday 5 March 2016

The Deserted Island Book Tag

Once again, I come back with a tag! But this time, I was actually tagged, thanks to Geraldine @ Corralling Books! :) 

It was a really hard tag to do, because I had to choose between some of my favourite books, it's like choosing between my future children. I CAN'T. For example, Harry Potter could be chosen for every category (there are six categories so it could work, haha).

Water — A book you simply cannot live without

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I can't choose a book among them, because they're all so good! I first read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone when I was six, I'm not even kidding. So yeah, Potterhead for life! I couldn't watch the first movie in the theaters because I was too young, but well, my parents were right because every time I saw Voldemort's face I hide behind our sofa, which was ridiculous, but it made me sad. I watched all the others in the movie theaters though. 

Food - A book that is a close second on your favourites list

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - Any book in the Infernal Devices would apply to this category actually! I know Geraldine, it was your answer, but I don't have another. I started reading in English for this trilogy so it makes me so emotional every single time. *run and start to reread every book in the trilogy* If you'reading this post today, it's because of these books. And I'm proud to say that I have a first edition copy of Clockwork Princess (!!).

Shelter - A book that makes you feel at home and safe

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima - This series is everything I love in a high fantasy novel and... I have also a ridiculous reason for choosing it *hides*. My boyfriend recommended it to me at the beginning of our relationship... So the series really mean something to me. I loved it but read it in French, so I'll definitely get myself all the books in English in the future! I'm also really excited for Flamecaster, which is set twenty years after the events of this series. My copy is already preordered, who is surprised?


Flare Gun - A book you would recommend to someone who doesn't read

Legend by Marie Lu - I don't read a lot of dystopian novels these days, but this one is really easy to get through and it's one of my favourites. The world-building isn't complicated, there is a lot of action and a swoon-worthy romance. You guys know that fantasy is my favourite genre, but it doesn't please everyone and can be hard to get through sometimes, especially if you aren't used to them. Contemporaries are easier but well, some people need their action ;)


Matchsticks - A book that warms your heart

This is what happy looks like by Jennifer E. Smith - I don't read a lot of contemporary novels, but I love the cute and fluffy ones, where you just wait for the characters to get together. Jennifer E. Smith definitely writes this kind of novels and I love them so much! This one is definitely the cutest, it's a summer romance between a super popular actor and a regular girl. Of course, it's complicated and everything, but I felt so many thingsThe emails about the pig asdjkehjqs. And the e-novella, which was kind of a sequel ,was just as cute! <3


Compass - A book that directed you towards your love of reading

To be honest, it's actually Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, like I mentionned before, but I already talked about it for the first question. So well, I'll talk about another books series that I loved when I was that age: Dancing Shoes by Antonia Barber, which was amazing! Of course, it's about ballet and I started practicing when I was four, so I was all about that!


Which book can't you live without? Any book you would recommend? When did you start reading and thanks to which book?

2 comments:

  1. Aw I love your responses! Yeah Clockwork Princess was just fabulous - I can't think of any other series that wrapped up in such a beautiful way! :D
    And I feel like any cute contemporary would definitely fit my answer for Matchsticks - they always give me all the warm feels! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read a lot of contemporary novels but it's true that they ALWAYS gave me warm feels when they're the cutest! :D Yes Clockwork Princess was AMAZING *still cries*, I need to reread it soon, I reread Clockwork Angel last year, but that's all! :o

      Delete