Friday 23 September 2016

Update + I'm kinda back!



I feel like I’ve tried to write this post a thousand times, but it never fitted. I’m trying again, one last time, because finally, I want to write it. Like you might have noticed, I haven’t posted… In a very long time (at least for me, it’s the first time it happened). I’ve been in this huge slump and to be honest… I didn’t miss blogging that much. But now I do.


For the past four months, my life has been crazy. For many parts, like getting my internship and going on holidays with my boyfriend, it’s been clearly amazing. But there are some other not-so-funny parts I can’t talk about in public that crushed me. On top of that, while this new school year is very exciting (I’ll be back at the internship again and I’m so pumped!), it’s also SO stressful, because of this huge dissertation I’ll have to turn in at the end of the year (it could be the equivalent of the senior thesis for American students, but we’re doing five years, soooo?). Anyway, my life is crazy, overwhelming and I have no idea how I’m even gonna survive the year. I just wanted to update you a bit on my life, for you to understand why I had been away.

On top of that… I wasn’t very happy with my blog anymore, for two reasons.

Like you know, I’m French, and since I started blogging here, I stopped reading in French, altogether. I’ve been having so much fun thinking in English 50% of the day for the last year and a half, but sometimes, it feels like I’m betraying my own country, and that I don’t fit anywhere, because I’m in the middle. I started to think a lot about this topic while seeing Australian bloggers talking about Aussie YA lit… Because I couldn’t do that for my own country. So yeah, I've started to read in French again and I won't be able to talk about it here.

Moreover, while I love books and it’s one of the most important part of my life – especially since they helped me build myself back last year – it’s not the only thing I love in life. For example, I love history. Now that I’m studying Cultural Heritage (but even before), I’m going to so much more exhibitions, and I can’t talk about them on Tea, Books and Fun, because they are in France and you guys… Aren’t. For a year, I made Tea Books and Fun a book blog and I’m glad it’s this way… But I needed another place, where I could share everything I love, without restrictions. And that’s why, at the end of August… I started a new blog, this time in French. If you understand the language, you can come say "Hi!" on Wishes and Pages (hence my new Twitter & Instagram handles, that I’m totally digging), I would love it!

Nevertheless, I’m not giving up on Tea, Books and Fun, because I’ve realized I can’t. At some points, in this past week, I’ve been feeling worthless, because of the stress of this first week at uni. I needed to remind myself I was great and I thought of my book blog. Sure, I’m not a huge blog but I’m proud of what I created here and I love you guys so much. So because of that, I’m coming back, but I won’t be there as much as I used to, because I need to take care of two blogs now and it’s gonna be very time-consuming, considering I’ll also have an internship two days a week and my dissertation/thesis to write.

Anyway, that’s all for today guys. I also wanted to thank you, because I saw that my page views didn’t stop during my “hiatus”. Y’all rock and I can’t wait to get back into the swing of things! <3



P.S. Sorry for the sappy post, my heart got the best of my brains.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow :O You think in French?? That's so awesome! I love billingualism - it's so cool :O
    But yay for reading French again! :D
    And yay for coming back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was in high school, I was very good at Spanish and when we did an exchange with other students, I even started to dream in Spanish. XD Sadly I had to drop studying the langage and got better in English, eventually. So I have history, haha. Thank youuuu <3

      Delete