Wednesday 9 September 2015

Walk on Earth a Stranger | Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine where I discuss the upcoming releases that I'm most excited for. 


Title: Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy #1)

Author: Rae Carson

Published: September 22th 2015 by Greenwillow Books

Goodreads summary: Lee Westfall has a secret. She can sense the presence of gold in the world around her. Veins deep beneath the earth, pebbles in the river, nuggets dug up from the forest floor. The buzz of gold means warmth and life and home—until everything is ripped away by a man who wants to control her. Left with nothing, Lee disguises herself as a boy and takes to the trail across the country. Gold was discovered in California, and where else could such a magical girl find herself, find safety? Walk on Earth a Stranger, the first book in this new trilogy, introduces—as only Rae Carson can—a strong heroine, a perilous road, a fantastical twist, and a slow-burning romance. Includes a map and author’s note on historical research.


MY THOUGHTS

I didn't finish The Girl of Fire and Thorns to be honest, the main character annoyed me and the plot was really slow (um unpopular opinion here!). However, I wanted to give this author another chance, because the premise of this book intrigues me. Also, I watched a western movie a few weeks ago, now I really want to know more about America at this time period. I think historical fiction and fantasy could be a great mix here. Lee's power makes me think a little of Hazel's in The Heroes of Olympus, by the way!

Are you excited for this book? What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. I adored The Fire and Thorns series. I have an ARC of Walk on Earth a Stranger and was about an eighth through it when I stopped... or paused. I'll finish it when it's closer to the publication point.

    But I definitely on board the idea of historical fiction and fantasy being a great mix. It makes for awesome reading!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover! I haven't seen this one before but it looks really good. I hope you love it!

    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also eyed this one. I'm not completely on board with it though. The whole girl disguised as a boy is not really my cup of tea, so I don't know if I'll actually pick it up when it comes out. Maybe I'll wait until there's more reviews to make my decision.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved The Girl of Fire and Thorns (it gets so much better thoughhh! :P Okay, nevermind me attempting to convince you to give that one a try again ;D). I also loved this book, too - felt quite authentic and the girl was kick-ass. However, like GoFaT, it's quite slow... perhaps even slower D: So much traveling in this book BUT THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS REALLY GOOD THOUGH SO YOU SHOULD STILL CHECK IT OUT!!! :D :D

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete