Sunday 20 December 2015

Where I'm telling you my life with books as an excuse | 25 bookish facts about me

I saw this tag around the blogosphere, it's a fun one to do, even if it was a little hard because 25 facts?!? IS IT HUMAN TO THINK ABOUT THAT MANY THINGS ON THIS TOPIC? Of course, but my brain hurts now... 

This tag was created by Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek.



1. My favourite genre is high fantasy, but before last year, I didn't read that many books in that genre.

2. I've been reading in English for three years, before that I only read in French. It's actually weird to read YA books in French now.


3. Before I started reading in English, I didn't know hardcovers existed, because we almost never have that in French, there is only big and small paperbacks.


4. About that, I still haven't decided if I was a hardcover or a paperback person. Hardcovers are soooo pretty but paperbacks are cheaper. Plus, some books don't have a UK publisher I have to buy them in hardcovers. My book collection is kind of messy.



5. I do most of my reading on my e-reader, because sadly, I can't buy all the books I want.


6. I don't have a favourite author of all times yet… Because I started to read most books by my "favourite authors" in the last three years and they didn't released that many books yet (by that I mean no more than two series).


7. Harry Potter is my favourite series of all times (like a lot of people) but I've never read anything else J.K. Rowling and so far, I don't intend to.


8. I only had two reading slumps in my life and both happened in the last six months: one in August and one I'm recovering from/am still into.


9. I'm a REALLY fast reader, that's why I read a lot of books every year.



10. I love to drink tea while I read because TEA.

11. I almost always read in my bed… Because my Paris' flat has a bed and a chair, that's all.


12. I'm reorganizing by bookshelves ALL. THE. TIME.


13. My copy of Cress by Marissa Meyer is a library copy I don't how it happens, but I think there was a problem with my pre-order.


14. Once, my father ordered a book online for me, messed up and I got it in German. I don't speak German. 


15. Another time, Amazon messed up with a pre-order and I got City of Heavenly Fire five days before the release date. So basically, I finished it before the whole world. I'm so proud.


16. I used to have the most mismatched set ever for the Infernal Devices:
- Clockwork Angel in French
- Clockwork Prince as a paperback
- Clockwork Princess as a first hardcover edition 
Now I have all the paperbacks, so I feel better


17. I've never listened to an audiobooks because they're so EXPENSIVE.


18. The school year we learnt to read, I thought I would be able to read after the first day of school so I cried when I got home. YEAH. That's how much I wanted to learn to read. The summer before that, I asked my grandmother to teach me but she refused because I was already a year ahead in class. I'm such a bookworm.


19. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was actually one of the first books I've read after that, I was like 6.


20. I thought reading a lot of romances would made me a romantic but actually no. I'm a sceptical one now, it's sad.


21. When my mom was pregnant with my second brother, I wanted him to be a girl. Why, you'll ask? Because I already had a little brother and we would have been able to play at Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire (but with parents). Well, now I have three brothers, so the plan failed.



22. I never got approved for an ARC, but I don't really care about it anymore.


23. One of my favourite tropes ever is characters on a ship.

24. I'd like to publish a book someday but I actually need to commit to writing before that.


25. Most of the time, when covers are released, I have mixed feelings about it, then I feel used to it and love them.

Tell me some bookish facts about yourself, it could be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment