Friday 25 December 2015

The Joy of Christmas | Book Tag

It's Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope you all have an amazing day  full of happiness with your loved ones!

To celebrate Christmas, I decided to do a book tag, which was created by Samantha @ Novels and Nonsense. She tagged everyone and I am everyone, right? Let's do this!


1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?

I actually have a post coming on that subject Tuesday, so yeah... To name those from January: Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, Truthwitch by Susan Dennard, The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine, The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman... So many great books are coming out next year, it's so exciting.

2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it's praises?

Victoria Schwab. I've read all the YA and adult books she wrote so far, and loved them all. I read The Archived last year and loved it, it was such a great premise, I'm really excited for the next one! Vicious was so unique, but I don't know what to think about the upcoming sequel (even if I'm sure it'll be great). And finally, A Darker Shade of Magic... I'm sure it's my favourite by her. This author has such interesting ideas and it makes me looking forward to each of her books. I'm really excited about This Savage Song!

3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?

Of course, I have to mention a high fantasy book, because it is the best. The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson had an amazing world-building, I felt like I knew the culture of the characters, I could have lived here without making mistakes or looking weird, haha.

4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read

I feel like I always say the same one at this question *sigh* So we'll go with one I want to read! I'd love to read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, because it's Christmas and I've seen the Mickey movie so many times! I love this story and I'd like to see it into words.

5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas

Let's go see my Amazon wishlist! Well, most of the books aren't released yet, But for the released ones, I'd love to receive:
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
- Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes

6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling

Harry Potter obviously! Just thinking of this book makes me full of love, because childhood memories.

7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?




8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?

Making the Christmas tree is my favourite thing ever! With my family, we used to do it the first Wednesday of December, but since I'm in Paris during the week, we did it the first Saturday of the month this year! Since I'm the elder, it's my role to put the star in the tree (and I'm contesting loudly if someone tries to do it!). Opening/Giving presents is also great of course!

For the memories, when I was three or four, I was with my cousins and we had to go upstairs to put our pajamas on. When we get back, there were Santa Claus' footsprints everywhere, with candy along the way, and it led to our presents! I want to do that for my children in the future.

What about you? What do you love about Christmas? What were your best memories? What are you doing for Christmas this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment