Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Dark Days Club | Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine where we discuss the upcoming releases that we are most excited for. 


Title: The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen #1)
Author: Alison Goodman
Published: January 26th 2016 by Viking Books for Young Readers

Goodreads summary: New York Times bestseller Alison Goodman's eagerly awaited new project: a Regency adventure starring a stylish and intrepid demon-hunter!


London, April 1812. On the eve of eighteen-year-old Lady Helen Wrexhall's presentation to the queen, one of her family's housemaids disappears - and Helen is drawn into the shadows of Regency London. There, she meets Lord Carlston, one of the few who can stop the perpetrators: a cabal of demons infiltrating every level of society. Dare she ask for his help, when his reputation is almost as black as his lingering eyes? And will her intelligence and headstrong curiosity wind up leading them into a death trap?


MY THOUGHTS

I heard about this book at the beginning of this year and I got excited right away. I'm so eager to know more about the Regency - because I'm French, so I only know our side of history. 19th century is a time period I love, so I'm really excited. Moreover, it is about hunting demons, which I also love. I know it won't be the same (and I don't want that) but I totally have an Infernal Devices vibe from this book, even if it's not the same period exactly. Because of that, I sure want to read this book!

What do you think of this book? Which book are you excited for this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to read this as well. And I just love that cover. Great pick! Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cover! I wanted to buy the paperback edition but I like the hardcover edition (this one) so much more! The struggle of a broke bookworm, ha-ha. Have a nice Wednesday too! :)

      Delete
  2. Yup, lots of great reasons to be excited for this one! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, I'm just in fangirling mode about it! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this pick!!!! YES!!!! A huge yes! Visit my WW Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is in February so I have to make my parents buy it at that time! It's an Australian author, so it's a nice change for me :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh love historical fantasy. This one is intriguing. Been wanting to read her previous Eon series but haven't been able to get to it. Looking forward to this one though. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical fantasy is one of my favourite genres, with high fantasy :) I should read her Eon series because dragons I think? Dragons are great, but there are so many other books in my TBR^^

      Delete