Friday 24 August 2018

Mamma Mia! Book Tag



Hello beautiful people!


A few days ago, Romie @ Romie We Deserve Love did the Mamma Mia! Book Tag and not only did I scream, because that's all I wanted and it gives me a reason to talk about how much I love Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and to write a post with gifs of Lily James, but also because I didn't know it existed (okay, it was only created recently, but still)?! Thank you, Romie, for bringing it to my attention, you're amazing! So of course, I'm doing this tag today, because how could I not? This tag was created by Ashley @ Ashley Outpaged and you can find the original video here.

Like so many people, I adore Mamma Mia and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. I was so excited about the sequel coming out, even more when they announced that Lily James would play young Donna, because I've loved her since Downton Abbey and will watch anything she's in. She's such an amazing actress and I'm so glad she's finally getting more recognition! I've been so obsessed with the movie and have been listening to the soundtrack all the time for the past month. I can't wait until the DVD release, so I can rewatch it again and again.


But anyway, time for the tag!

Side note: I couldn't find gifs for all the songs, but I did my best haha. Also, as I put gifs, minor spoilers for the movie I guess?



When I Kissed the Teacher | Name a book with a shocking plot twist

I'm usually quite good at figuring out plot twists, but The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid had a shocking plot twist for me! It kinda made it easier for me to predict the twists of that type of books now though, but I'm not mad, as it was splendidly done in that one. But maybe the most shocking plot twist was that I knew I wanted to reread it a hundred pages into it? How did you do that, Taylor Jenkins Reid? Um... I was also trying to find a way to mention it, as it's one of my favourite books and Evelyn would totally have kissed the teacher too, so... you know... 



Waterloo | Name a book you're positive you'll be in love with

Am I supposed to think of the books in my TBR? That I have added on Goodreads? Well, we'll just take into consideration my enormous TBR, which is made of... two books (at long last, I won't have a TBR by next Monday and I'll be able to conduct a very interesting I-don't-have-a-TBR experiment, but I digress). Anyway, I'm quite positive I'll love Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke, I've been so excited about this one and it's actually set during the Napoleonic Wars, so I find even funnier that it's my answer for the Waterloo question. Now, I better love it, or it'll be awkward.




Why Did It Have To Be Me | Name a book you went to 
to get over a reading slump

I don't have reading slumps really often and the last really bad one happened in 2015. The book that got me out of it was Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli, I read it in one or two sittings. Since then, it has ignited a love for everything Becky Albertalli writes and I adore the movie, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.



I Have a Dream | Name a book character that inspires you

It's not going to be very original, as I already mentioned this character in the Mid-Year Freakout Book Tag, but she means so much to me. Juliet Ashton from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society inspires me all the time, through her personality, through her writing, through her whole story. I also picture her as Lily James because of the movie, so it's true it fed my love for her even more. If I had to pick another character, so my answers would be a bit more original, Frances Janvier from Radio Silence also really inspires me to work hard, pursue what I love and put myself out there, even when it means going out of the path most people take.




Andante, Andante | Name your current read

I'm currently reading two books. First, I'm reading The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas, which I'm planning to finish today (I have a hundred pages left, so), as there is a 24h readathon happening tomorrow. I've been pleasantly surprised by it, as I haven't been screaming at the historical inaccuracies that much, it's quite easy to read once the plot has really started and it's so entertaining. I'm also slowly making my way through Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales: a Selection, I've been reading tales here and there. Can you tell that we're in August and I'm participating in the #classicsathon?




Knowing Me, Knowing You | Name a book you had to break up with and DNF

I recently DNF-ed The Rules Do Not Apply by Ariel Levy, which made me a bit sad because I so wanted to read it, but I didn't click with her writing at all and as it was about her life (which was so heartbreaking), I didn't want to force myself to read it. I started it during my 31 books in 31 days challenge, I didn't want to drag it behind me all month, and it was a wise decision. Sorry, little book.




Mamma Mia | Name a book you recently read again

I reread The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows at the beginning of the month (what a surprise) and fell in love with it even more than the first time around. It's definitely one of my favourite books of all time and such a gem, I already want to reread it, which might be a problem, as I just did. I almost wish I could keep this treasure to myself at times, even though many people fell in love with it before I did, haha, I'm a bit possessive when it comes to it. *hides* Also, Juliet Ashton is probably my favourite book character ever, but I already said that.



Dancing Queen | Name a book that made you want to dance around the room


I had trouble finding an answer to this question, until I got through my Goodreads shelves, saw Autoboyography by Christina Lauren and realised it was the perfect answer. It is quite a hyped novel, but I totally agree with it and this book made me so happy (and broke my heart several times, but oh well). Not only was the bi rep absolutely amazing, but I related to Daniel so much, which was quite unexpected. I adored the way the romance was written, but also seeing present and supportive parents, it made my heart full. I need more contemporary novels like this one. Tanner and Daniel, I miss you.



Super Trouper | Name a series you haven't finished due to its intimidating size

I still need to finish some trilogies, but that's not because of their size, so I'm not quite sure it counts. However, I still haven't started the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, nor Robin Hobb's huge Realms of the Elderlings series (there are three trilogies and two spin-offs series or something? WHAT?) due to their intimidating size. I am finally finding motivation to read fantasy again, though, after such lack of that this year (for me, that is). The book coming out this Fall about the Targaryens makes me want to pick up the A Song of Ice and Fire series really soon and it's on my reading bucket list of 2018, so it's time. I think I also got the final push from my boyfriend to read Robin Hobb's books, he just read the first one and adored it (he literally said he loved it more than Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone? He only read the series last year, but still?), and my parents have been obsessed with it for years. Time to stop putting those series off.

Writing this post has been so much fun, as I had no choice, but to listen to the soundtrack yet again to type my answers! I'm not tagging anyone in particular, but if you're obssessed with the movie like I am and want to do this tag, bam, you've been tagged!

That's it for me today y'all, now I'll go back to singing along to the soundtrack!

Have a nice day,

Lots of love,
Lucie

2 comments:

  1. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo! I can't wait to read that book, I only heard amazing things about it from everyone all around, and... I'm really curious about that plot twist now, too??
    Frances Janvier is such a great choice for a character that inspires you - I also love her and that book so, very much <3
    I'm so happy you loved Autoboyography - this book is on my TBR and I am so, very excited to read it, I only heard amazing things about it so far and you are making me even more impatient to read it!
    Wonderful answers, Lucie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, everyone has been raving about it (with good reason!), that's how I gave in, but it was so worth it, I really want to reread it. I hope it will live up to the hype for you!
      Alice Oseman is such an amazing author, I'm so glad I finally read her books this year. <3
      I'm so happy to read that, I cannot wait to know your thoughts on Autoboyography, I hope you'll enjoy it! :)
      Thank you so much, Marie, have a nice evening!

      Delete