Monday 19 October 2015

Creatures of the Night | Book Tag


This tag was created last year by the Booktuber Katytastic, I thought it would be a great time to do it, because you know, Halloween is coming and everything. I must resist the urge to post Nightmare before Christmas' gifs but it's HAAAAARD. This tag is really easy to do, because you just have to pick a book for a paranormal creature. 

VAMPIRES

When I think about it, that's all I was reading back in the day, but now, vampire books aren't working for me anymore (like The Coldest Girl in Coldtown). But, two years ago, I read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and this is the best vampire series I've ever read! Even if it took a lot of dedication (it is six books long and Bloodlines also has six books), it was totally worth it! I love the turn took on the vampire, it's inspired by folklore and it was SO GOOD. The main character is totally kick-ass, you will swoon over her love interest, aaaaand... There is Adrian Ivashkov so you should be sold!

WEREWOLVES

IDK why but I don't really remember werewolves books I read (yes one but it's spoilery^^) except for Twilight obviously. I'm gonna cheat a little and choose the Need series by Carrie Jones because there are shapeshifters and a werewolf among them! There are a were-tiger, a were-bear, so that's pretty cool! In fact, there are all sorts of paranormal creatures because there are pixies and even Norse mythology! I never read the last book because I spoiled myself BUT this book was cool because it had a list of phobias.

ZOMBIES

I've read one zombie book in my life and I finished it about... Yesterday (I'm not kidding guys). Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard is set in 19th century Philadelphia and it was amazing!!! I still haven't gathered my thoughts about it so I can't tell you more except that I was soooo stupid for not reading this sooner! Also, I tweeted to Susan Dennard after I finished the book and she thanked me for reading it, she's so adorable! I'm becoming a Hungry and will eat this series 'til the end of times. Also, the next book is set in Paris, so there's that! :D

GHOSTS

I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake two years ago and it's a must-read for Halloween! The atmosphere is totally creepy, I looooooved the way it was an urban fantasy and the main character was a ghost hunter! The cover is stunning, I have the UK edition so it's part of the Books with Bite collection, which makes me laugh so much.

WITCH/WARLOCK/SPELLCASTER

HARRY POTTER! MAGNUS BANE!

It's so obvious I had to mention it, of course... More seriously, the magic system of Cinda Williams Chima's Seven Realms is on point, they have a magic academy near the military academy, there are amulets and everything... And of course there's Han who is a great main character who also happens to be... A thief. So yes, the spellcasters in these books are GREAT.

FAIRY/FAE

I was brainstorming when I remembered... *suspens* A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (how did I forget?). This book had such a great world-building with the Courts (Winter, Fall, Summer, Spring, Day and Night), I loved it. It was a really good book anyway, the last part of it took me by surprise because it was less "Beauty and the Beast" than the beginning, but it was as amazing. I can't wait to see the characters when A Court of Mist and Fury is released.


DEMONS

The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent is a dystopia with demons. Oh God, this book was so great and took me by surprise. People that are believed to be demons are burnt in front of the all town so that's quite gruesome and scary and awful. 

ANGELS

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand has a special place in my heart because it was such a cute series. I was such a Clara/Tucker shipper (because Carrots ♥), I cried sooooo much (I cry for every single book she wrote anyways). No but honestly it was such a beautiful book with hope within it... *sighs dreamily*

ALIENS

I haven't read a lot of books with aliens in it, like there is The 5th Wave (mixed feelings for the second book), Alienated (ugh) and the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I adored the Lux, I know it was cheesy and everything but I loved it about these books! Compared to JLA's other paranormal books I didn't like (White Hot Kiss), the plot was important and so was the world-building. Of course, it was also a lot about Daemon and Kathy's relationship but I was rooting for them! And she was a book blogger so it excuses everything! 

SUPERPOWERED HUMANS

I thought about The Flash and then X-Men and then Heroes, but that's not books! Anyways The Darkest Minds features kids that have superpowers. The adults are actually scared of them and send them to camps, apparently to cure them, but in reality they never come back because no one knows what's happening. The part about the camps was absolutely dreadful, but in the second book, an organization works with the characters as a team and it was soooo X-Men I loved it!

Tell me your list for this tag, I'm always looking for more recommendations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment