Thursday 23 March 2017

Tea, Books and Fun becomes Of Wishes and Pages! // I'm back (for real)


Hi everyone !

You must be wondering where a blog called Of Wishes and Pages is coming from but it's me, Lucie from Tea, Books and Fun. In January, I had said I was considering changing my blog name, because I had already changed all of my social medias for my French blog. Last night, I decided it was time to come back, so here we are :

Welcome to Of Wishes and Pages !

But first, let me explain where this change came from, because it's a big deal to change your blog's name. You might have noticed I've been MIA since last August (yeah, almost eight months). The truth is, my family went through a very complicated thing (hi, euphemism), I started a master's degree in September, while doing an internship and then my mental health went to hell in December. That's why I haven't been there. But I've been thinking about Tea, Books and Fun a lot. I just checked my page count – not that it's what matters most to me – and saw that you kept coming during all these months. You guys are the best, you know that, right ?

In September, I started a French blog named Wishes and Pages, which was more cultural-based (about TV shows, museum exhibitions and such) and I've had so much fun with this one. It's been the source of my joy for a long time. However, I missed writing in English and since most of the books I read are in English, it has always made more sense to blog in English. That's why I wanted to come back: it took me awhile, but I missed being around here. I wanted a fresh start and since I didn't like Tea, Books and Fun anymore, I chose a name close to Wishes and Pages... That's where Of Wishes and Pages came from!

But except that, nothing really has changed. I might talk about TV shows and movies more, but I had already started to do that last year. I won't post a lot though, because I have to turn in my master's thesis in less than two months and will go back to my internship in May.



Anyway, before I wrap this blog post up, I wanted to talk to you guys about my favorite books of the year – so far. I'm not counting rereads (because I reread The Infernal Devices in February and I'm still in love with it), which means I've only rated three books (but there's one French book that's not on the list because you can't read it, obviously) five stars. What is happening, I'm so shocked. I still have read some amazing books and here are my top 5:

1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
2. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
3. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
4. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
5. Windwitch by Susan Dennard



What have you guys been up to, since the beginning of the year? What's the best thing that have happened to you? What are your favorite books of 2017 (so far)?

No comments:

Post a Comment