Tuesday 11 August 2015

Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From | Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's feature is pretty easy to write, thanks to Goodreads and its 'most read authors' button. There will probably be authors you don't know, because there are authors of my childhood, and they are French. 


1. MEG CABOT (28 books)
When I was in middle-grade, I was reading books by this author all the time! The Princess Diaries is her most popular series out there, the 11th was published in June. I read it and loved it, but I don't think I'll read other books by her now that I'm older.




2. RICK RIORDAN (19 books)
I think this is my brother's favourite author. Funny story, I saw the first Percy Jackson movie before I even read the book. Guys, I read the book because of the movie, which is rather shocking. I like how Riordan plays with mythology in his books, and it's really interesting for children, because they can kinda learn mythology this way. I'm really excited for The Sword of Summer, first book in a Norse mythology series, which will come out in October. 


3. RICHELLE MEAD (16 books)
The number of books I read about this author can be explained by Vampire Academy. I marathoned this book series a while ago, then I read Bloodlines, and I loved it even more than the main series. I was a sucker (ultimate joke) for this books and I'm looking forward to read more books by this author, like the upcoming Soundless. However, I'm not that interested by her past works, but no one is perfect. ;)


4. CASSANDRA CLARE (16 books)
I have a special love for The Shadowhunter's Chronicles. I agree that the author is probably writing more books for the money, but it doesn't matter, because these books are good. I've been excited for Lady Midnight (coming in 2016) for years now, I wanted this book more than City of Heavenly Fire, to be honest. The Infernal Devices is one of my favourite series of all times, I started to read in English because I wanted to know what happened in Clockwork Prince. Now, I only read in English, so thank you, Cassandra Clare!

5. LEMONY SNICKET (13 books)
A Series of Unfortunate Events is 13 books long, in fact. It is one of my favourite childhook series, I'm really excited for the Netflix adaptation, because I was so upset about the movie adaptation (the actors were great, especially Jim Carey, but the plot...). I know the depressing tone of this narrator prevented some people to read these books, but really, they are worth it!


6. SOPHIE AUDOUIN-MAMIKONIAN (13 books)
In France, this author was like our J.K. Rowling. Her book series, Tara Duncan, was about a young girl who discovers she has powers of her own and is the heir to the Empire of Omois, biggest land in Autremonde. This is a 12 book series with another serie starting this year. I didn't even finish it, because Tara was annoying, but Cal, a thief, was one of my favourite characters. Still, when I was in middle-grade, I was waiting every year for the next book to come out. Random fact; This author is a princess.

7. PIERRE BOTTERO (13 books)
Another French author, I read all the books he wrote on his own. His series are pretty popular, they are fantasy one. It is a loved author in my generation in France, because he was killed in 2009 in a moto accident. He had just started a new series who was a crossover between all his past series, starting with Les Ames Croisées. It was my favourite book he had written, because it was high fantasy. I love this writer because he evolved with his audience. In his first books, Ewilan, the heroine was 12, then with L'Autre, the characters were 16, then with Les Ames Croisées, they were 18. It's something I loved about him, because his readers grew up with his characters, the same way it was with Harry Potter
8. SARA SHEPARD (12 books)
Back when Pretty Little Liars was my favourite TV show of all times, I decided to read the book series. I read the first eight books (which was supposed to be the end!) and I liked them, but I gave up when I saw she was planning to write eight others... I also read The Lying Game and I really liked it, but I haven't finish it yet, because my best friend lends them to me, but she didn't buy them all. I was pretty disappointed when this TV show was cancelled though. 

9. JOSEPH DELANEY (11 books)
Funny fact, this is the only author I've ever met. I went to a signing last november (in France, which is rare for an English author) for my boyfriend. I really like his Last Apprentice series, but I'm reading it in French, I read until the eleventh (because numbers twelve and thirteen aren't published yet). The movie was really bad, though. 



10. ANNE-MARIE DESPLAT-DUC (11 books)
When I was younger, I loved historical novels. Now that I'm a history student, I can't really read those when set in France, ot I get really angry at the writer. However, French authors tend to treat French history nicely. The 17th century is one of my favourite time periods, and this author wrote a lot about it, from Les Colombes du Roi Soleil to Marie-Anne, fille du roi. I loved the first series, which focused on the fate of one girl in a special school. One was a singer, the other went to Asia, this one to Germany, this one became a corsaire. It was such a good series, I really loved it and it will always have a special place in my heart.


What about you? Who are your most read authors?
Leave a comment down below to answer!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you also like Meg Cabot but for some reason, have only read one book of hers so far. Great Post!! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richelle Mead and Cassandra Clare are also on my list! I haven't read any books by Meg Cabot, Rick Riordan and Lemony Snicket, I did not know about them when I was younger and now I feel that I'm probably too old for them.

    Lynn @ Lynn's Film and Book Review

    ReplyDelete