Tuesday 14 June 2016

Why aren't these in my hands yet? | Top Ten Tuesday

I'm always so excited about new releases, I actually have a document where I list the release dates, because I'm that crazy to get my hands on them. Sometimes, I want to throw away all I have on my TBR and read those books, which aren't even published yet. But well, the wait is part of the bookworm life, isn't it? 

Anyway, today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday as the prompt is "top ten most anticipated releases for the second half of the year", since I'm a rabid fangirl who wants all the books. Also, I'm gonna shriek a lot about beautiful covers, because look at these babies. *heart eyes*



The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles #3) by Mary E. Pearson (August 2nd) - Okay, I just saw that it was 688 pages long, which makes me even more excited (!!!). I'm planning on rereading the first two books over the summer, because they were that good. I think that the premise clearly shows it's about romance, but it became so much more. Also, I read the prequel novella in April and I think it will help me understand some aspects a bit more.

A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir (August 30th) - In my opinion, An Ember in the Ashes was one of the best debuts published in 2015, so it's not a surprise I'm excited about it. It was really hyped up (optioned for a movie before the publicaiton, like whaaat?). I also converted my boyfriend to the series in November, so yay me! But anyway, I can't wait to see the direction this book is going.

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (September 20th) - The title totally called me while I was browsing Goodreads, because it's really creepy and promising. I love Victorian era novels and this one focuses on Jack the Ripper, so while I'll be scared all. the. time., I want it. Moreover, it will have sinister photos of the era, which is amazing even though I'm scared in advance.



Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (September 20th) - I read everything Kendare Blake published and she's such a good author. This one particularily appeals to me because it's a high fantasy and I'm pretty sure it will be about girl power, since the strongest of the three princesses will become queen. Moreover, these girls won't be powerful straight away, as two of them can't really use their powers. Also, the cover is so pretty!

A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (September 20th) - *squeals* VICTORIAN LONDON! I know, I'm pretty predictable, but, but... Victorian era <3 Another debut I need, as it's about a girl who poses for the Chosen One among the sorcerers, when she's definitely not. We also have another strong case of covergasm, because look at this beauty!

Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow #1) by Danielle Paige (September 20th) - I liked Dorothy Must Die but was disappointed in the second one and I don't plan to continue, especially when book 2 and 3 were under 300 pages and a fourth one has been announced, but I want to give the author a second chance, as this one seems amazing. It's a retelling of the Snow Queen and how she became a villain and I'm rooting for villain origin stories (like many readers out there!).


Like A River Glorious (The Gold Seer trilogy #2) by Rae Carson (September 27th) - I loved the first book so much, when I never finished A Girl of Fire and Thorns (I know, I should try again), it totally took me by surprise! It was about a girl with the power to sense gold during the Gold rush. While the first book was more about traveling to California, the characters have now arrived and I can't wait to see what happens to them. Moreover, I have strong Frontierland's vibes when I think about it (yeah, I need to go back to Disneyland). I'm still in shock about the cover, I'm totally in love with it, because this blue is glorious (ha, ha, ha...).



Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo (September 27th) - Leigh Bardugo is one of my favourite writers and I'm still crying inside that I got to meet her last October (she's fabulous). Six of Crows was just amazing and it ended in such a cruel way... I really need to have Crooked Kingdom, even though my heart will probably be broken, since it's the final book. I need all the ships to get together, but let's be real, some of the characters might die... *sobs* I want it more than Nina needs cake <3



The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3) by Marie Lu (October 11th) - I'm so sad this trilogy is coming to an end, even though I'm so excited about Marie Lu's new projects. These books are so dark and I love the world, with its secret societies, powers coming from a plague... Moreover, after the ending of The Rose Society, I need to know what will happen. 

Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (October 18th) - Okay, everyone was right, Illuminae was amazing and I need Gemina. I'm a bit sad it will focus more on new characters than the previous ones, but well, it was the same thing with the Starbound trilogy, so I should get used to it. Illuminae was so unique and a crazy adventure, like everyone said when it came out.

Are you excited for any of these books? What books are you dying to get your hands on during the second half of the year?

10 comments:

  1. Like A River Glorious looks really good! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO in love with this setting, it's crazy! :D

      Delete
  2. YES TO ALL OF THESE. Gemina, Crooked Kingdom, Midnigt Star and Three Dark Crowns are four of my most anticipated books too. Hopefully they end up being as amazing as they sound! :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I don't want to be disappointed in the Fall, when they will (finally!) be released! I remember when I read your review for Illuminae and finally read it, so you helped my excitment for Gemina, let's be real! :) Thanks, Zoe!

      Delete
  3. YES MEEEEE *raises hand wildly* I need Gemina like I need air basically, and also Crooked Kingdom and Like a River Glorious. OMG THAT SERIES IS TOTALLY UNDERRATED. I just adoredWalk on Earth a Stranger. Plus cover love? INTENSE COVER LOVE. (I loved Girl of Fire and Thorns but for some reason never read the rest??? I am a baffling creature.😂)

    And yes waiting is part of the bookworm torturous life. XD SO PAINFUL. BUT WORTH IT.

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illuminae was amazing, and yet I waited until February to read it, I was such an idiot. But well, at least the waiting will be shorter, right? (totally pretending here)

      Crooked Kingdom will be amazing, after the ending of Six of Crows I had no idea how I would be able to wait... ^^

      Yes, I adored Walk on Earth A Stranger, just like you. It's SO GOOD. I'm sure Like A River Glorious will be even better. I tried to read Girl of Fire and Thorns once but failed actually, but I think I will try again at some point, as Walk on Earth A Stranger was AMAZING!

      It's all worth it as long as we get books, haha. ;)

      Delete
  4. All the pretty covers. Give meeee :D I want all of these but I still need to read Illuminae first. And Six of Crows. And Walk on Earth a Stranger. Dammit, I'm really behind! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Annika, read all of these books, you need to! :D But at least, you won't have to wait to read the sequels, so in a way you're totally winning! Especially for Six of Crows since it's a duology! The covers are totally helping these books' case, I just need them on my shelves! :o

      Delete
  5. Yes to all of these! I need to preorder that boxed set that's coming with both Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom! I'm really excited for Stalking Jack the Ripper too! I'm hoping I like reading about Victorian England, because I don't think I've read a book set there yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have two copies of Six of Crows (UK + US as I went to Bardugo's signing in October), so I can't really buy more of them, right? It would be a bad idea as I already need to get so many books... But the box set seems so gorgeous!
      I hope you'll love reading about Victorian England then, it's such an amazing setting! :D

      Delete