Saturday 1 October 2016

Florence, Italy + Uni started | September 2016 Recap

Galerie Dorée, Paris

At the beginning of the month, I was finally on holidays (but spent only five days without having to worry about university, ugh) and travelled to Florence, in Italy, with my boyfriend for a few days. It was an amazing city and I'm so grateful I got to discover amazing museums and castles. We also went to Pisa, because that was where we took our plane and went to see the Tower, obviously.

The place with the cathedral & Vecchio Palace

Food :D

The Birth of Venus by Boticelli & a room in the Pitti palace

It made me eager to discover the world even more. I'd love to go to Scotland and Prague next (funnily enough, both are related to Outlander's TV show, but I wanted to go before the obsession started), maybe I'll travel to one of these locations next summer? *fingers crossed*

When I went home in France, I had to be in Paris for a couple of meetings for university. Classes started again two weeks ago and while it's been very stressful, I'm happy to have a new routine (which will change again as I'll have an internship starting during the second half of October). I've been exploring the city more lately and went to a couple exhibitions, which was so great. Now that I'm studying Cultural Heritage, I'm planning to visit museums and such more, which isn't a chore as I love it.

Blogging-wise, I'm starting to be out of my slump (it's the third post I wrote for Tea, Books and Fun today!) and created a new blog in French, where I'm talking about culture, including books, of course. It's a new adventure and I'm so excited. 




I had a pretty good reading month. I'm starting to read less books than at the beginning of the year, I only read one entire book since I started classes (but finished two I had already started, so it's fine?), I'm scared for my reading year. I even lowered my Goodreads challenge to 100 books and I'm done! So no stressing over about it anymore, yay! Except for two disappointments, I read so many amazing books. I'm so obsessed about A Torch Against the Night, Far from the Madding Crowd and Crooked Kingdom. <3

Lorenzaccio by Alfred de Musset 2 stars
A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir 5 stars
Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas 4.5 stars
Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy 5 stars
Phobos (Phobos #1) by Victor Dixen 4 stars
Les Enfants Jéromine by Ernst Wiechert 4.5 stars
Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby #3) by William Ritter 3 stars
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo 5 stars

Side note: I'm dropping Tea & Screens for now so the blog will be back to be completely a book blog and I will talk more in-depth about it on my French blog. Because of that, I'll talk about the movies and TV shows I watched in my wrap-up!

Movies

Far from the Madding Crowd - After finishing the book, I had to watch the movie and I'm so obsessed with it. The soundtrack is just amazing and I keep listening to it, especially Let No Man Steal Your Thyme, sang by Carey Mulligan and Michael Sheen. Oh and Matthias Schoenaerts was attractive and now I love Gabriel Oak even more! #obsessed

Warcraft - I watched it with my boyfriend and enjoyed it, but it would have been better with more information on the world to begin with, because it was adapted from a video game. But it would have been way too long because of that, so...

TV Shows

Outlander (season 2) - I am obsessed. I was apprehensive because it would be set in Paris, but I was wrong, because it was realistic and they hired French actors, so I was pleased. I just love this season so much and the ending was heartbreaking and pushed me to finally read the books.

Jane the Virgin (season 2) - This show is so addictive, it's a pure guilty pleasure. However, the first season was so much better, because sometimes, they're using the same twists, which makes me mad because they could do so much more! It ended on a big cliffhanger so I'm very excited to see where it goes! I'm still #teamrafael.

iZombie (currently watching season 1) - I only have three episodes left and so far, it's good. For the investigations, I find it repetitive, because I'm not very into police shows and all, but the zombie aspect is just amazing! I love how it add a lot more to this show, who would feel generic without it. It makes me really like zombies, because they're clever, not stupid.

I’m stopping to put a lot of pressure on my shoulders with my TBR, because most of the time, I was writing down endless lists each month. I’d rather do monthly TBR now, like the one I did in my Top Ten Tuesday post, so you can go read it to see what I’m planning to read until Christmas. I’m currently reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, which I’m so excited about and after that I’m planning to read The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbrait, because a thriller would be great near Halloween. After that, I would love to get to Gemina and/or The Midnight Star, that will be published this month, because I’m so excited for them!


How was your month? What did you read? Any new favourite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment