Tuesday 29 March 2016

Grabby Hands #4 | April 2016

April is coming, which means another Grabby Hands post! It's a feature I created at the beginning of the year, where I highlight all the new releases I'm excited to get my hands on in the upcoming month. There are some pretty good books coming out in April, but the madness will know its climax May 3rd, where I'm litteraly excited for ten books. I'm quite relieved that three books will come out April 26th instead of May 3rd, because my wallet won't be happy with me at that time.

                                                                          April 5th                                                                          



Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima - I loved the Seven Realms series and got so excited when the author announced she was writing a new series set in the same world but a generation later. It's been such a long time since she announced it, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I had it preordered since my birthday, so I just have to wait a few more days.

The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows - I've read the Orphan Queen in December and I loved it. Since then, I started Jodi's Newsoul trilogy and it's so good. Of course, I'm really excited for the Mirror King, for TOQ ended badly and it's the conclusion. Moreover, the cover is one of the prettiest ever (like the covers for the Newsoul trilogy) so I need iton my shelves. It should be here soon though, since I've preordered it!


The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead - I loved Vampire Academy and Bloodlines, so of course I'm interested in this one, in spite of my bad experience with Mead's last novel, Soundless. I have to say the premise got me quite intrigued. It is set in a Elizabethan world and it is about a girl who wants to run off from an arranged marriage and get into a kind of school for women, the glittering court. Then romance, of course, happens. Richelle Mead is usually really good to write swoony-worthy romance, which makes me quite excited.

When We Collided by Emery Lord - I've seen a lot of positive reviews for Emery Lord's books, but I haven't read a single one yet, since I'm not a big contemporary reader. I follow her on Twitter and I think she's hilarious. Moreover, because it's finally Spring and I've read a lot of fantasy books since the beginning of the year, I'm starting to be in a contemporary mood.

                                                                         April 12th                                                                         



Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins - I really enjoyed Rebel Belle, but like many readers, I thought that Miss Mayhem had the second book syndrom. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to see how this trilogy will come to an end. What I like most about it is the concept, with an oracle, a paladdin and a mage, it is pretty unique. These books are so much fun to read. Moreover, I like the continuation between the covers and title. 

                                                                          April 19th                                                                        


Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey - I added this one because it is set in the 19th century, I don't need another reason, because when I see 19th century + young adult... I just add it to my TBR. It also involves spies so it could be interesting. Another reason I added it was because I loved These Vicious Masks and at the end of the book, there was an ad for this one. 

                                                                          April 26th                                                                        



The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi - Everyone is praising this debut, so of course I want to read it! Apparently, it's a retelling of Hades and Persephone's myth and it was inspired by Indian mythology: I'm already compelled. I want to know what all the hype is about! It was supposed to come out May 3rd, but it will be released earlier, so I won't have to struggle to choose between all the new releases from May 3rd to know which I want to read first.

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - Finally, it is coming. This book has been pushed back again and again, I think it was supposed to come out last year or something. I'm really excited for it, but I need to buy the paperbacks of the first two (I own them in French but they stopped translating it so I have the worst mismatched set ever) and then reread all of them to be ready. But I don't know if I'll be patient enough to do that, let's be real.

The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh - I loved the Wrath and the Dawn. It was romance-driven, but I liked the complex world the author set in place and the retelling aspect of the novel. Because of that, I'm excited to read what happens next in the story and it's great it's coming out earlier than first planned, like the Star-Touched Queen.

Soldier by Julie Kagawa - So far, it is my favourite series she has written, I devoured a lot of her books last year. Rogue ended on an evil cliff-hanger - I actually remember it when I read the book nine months ago (!!) - so I can't wait to see what will happen next. It's about dragons and yes, I need more books like that.

Which book(s) are you most excited for in April? Did you get your hands on ARCs of the books I mentionned? If so, how were they?

4 comments:

  1. I love your title for this! I used to do my most anticipated books for each month, but the end of every month is the busiest time on my blog because I'm trying to get everything done...basically, it failed. I'm excited for a lot of these too, especially The Raven King. I haven't read Blue Lily, Lily Blue yet but I just know I'm going to need it when I'm done. I am in the same boat with The Glittering Court as you. Soundless was huge disappointment for me, and now I'm kind of scared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you Ely! It's true that at the end of each month I have a tons of posts planned too. In the middle of the month, it's always way harder to find new subjects for posts. You were right to wait before reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue because I felt like I read it forever ago, since the date for The Raven King was pushed back so many times! It's true that it's great to marathon series. I hope you'll love it! I want to think that maybe Soundless was a kind of... "mistake" and that this one is much better. It seems really different from what she wrote before, I hope it'll be as good as Vampire Academy and Bloodlines!

      Delete
  2. Ooh yes, The Glittering Court looks absolutely phenomenal! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it won't disappoint like Soundless, but I have high hopes! Also, it's one of the best covers for Richelle Mead's books, I need it in my life! :D

      Delete