Tuesday 31 May 2016

Are you sure it was just a month and not two? | May Wrap-Up & June TBR


Wow, I feel like May started forever and a day ago. I remember that I watched Captain America: Civil War on the first day of the month but it feels so far away. It's a good thing I have my bullet journal to remember what I actually did!

Delicious food because why not?
I finally tried out colouring!

From May 3rd to May 12th, I was on finals and I still don't have my results (ugh). I know that I killed it in my English presentation, I'm so happy about it. On May 8th, I went to an archeological site with my family, I loved the reconstitutions that they made, it was quite interesting and more lively for my little brothers.



After those two crazy weeks, I had a long week-end to rest, I just read and watched TV shows with my boyfriend. When I came back home the Tuesday after that, I got a letter for a job at a library for August and an email for an intership's interview (in a span of two hours, like what?), I was over the moon. Two days later, I went to my interview, it was great and I got the internship. *victory dance* Since then I've been trying to gather all the papers that I need, it's exhausting. I'm starting the internship on June 13th, wish me luck guys!

I also went on an adventure with my family in a 17th century castle and even though it rained all day, it was so beautiful, I'm still thinking about it. For the last week of May or so, I didn't do anything except stuffs for the internship, taking care of my little brothers... Anyway, I felt like May started such a long time ago and I didn't really have time to rest, even though I'm supposed to be on holidays. But at least, I'm occupied. I wanted to start doing my research for my Camp NaNoWriMo's project but I was only able to do this for an hour. Life is so crazy, guys!




My physical haul for this month.

REREAD: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater 5 stars

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater 3.5 stars
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord 4 stars
A Tyranny of Petticoats by Jessica Spotswood (anthology) 4 stars
Dreamology by Lucy Keating 3 stars
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 5 stars 
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin 4.5 stars
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig 3.5 stars
Ruined by Amy Tintera 4 stars
Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen 3 stars
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman 3 stars
The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan 3 stars
Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley 3.5 stars
Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider 4 stars
Soldier by Julie Kagawa 4 stars




Goodreads challenge: 67/120. I'm more than halfway through, which is a good thing since I have no idea how much I'll be able to read this summer!

Flights of Fantasy : 40/50. I read eight books in this genre this month, but well, I'm killing this challenge so no one is surprised, really. 

Retelling challenge : 11/20. I read three books that can be considered retelling this month. A Court of Mist and Fury was a retelling of Hades and Persephone (and maybe other stories like it was the case in ACOTAR? I don't know) and my favourite book of the month (year?). I'm also including retelling of famous figures, since Worlds of Ink and Shadow was a retelling of the Brontë's childhood and Blackhearts of Blackbeard's beginning, but it still works!

'16 Debut Author challenge : 11/15. Wow, I read four debut novels this month, I'm quite proud of myself. Moreover, it included two contemporaries and one historical novel, so look, I'm not only reading fantasy!


When We Collided by Emery Lord
Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
King Slayer by Virginia Boecker
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
Beyond the Red by Ava Jae
Riders by Veronica Rossi
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (reread)

What did you do this month? Are you done with finals? School? What did you read? Any new favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment