Tuesday 24 May 2016

Grabby Hands #6 | June 2016

Grabby Hands is a monthly feature where I talk about all the new releases I'm excited about for the upcoming month. After all the books being released May 3rd, there are less books I'm excited for in June. Nevertheless, I'm crazily excited for all of them. They're all part of my most anticipated books of the year, because I loved the authors' previous works, or I'm intrigued. I want to get my hands on all of them and do nothing but read.

                                                                            June 7th                                                                         


My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows - Cynthia Hand and Jodi Meadows are some of my favourite authors, so it comes as no surprise that I'm excited about this one. So far, I've seen one negative reviews, the rest were raving about this one. As a history nerd, this book calls to me and I don't know anything about Jane Grey, so it could be really interesting. Also, it also has a lot of humor, so bring it on!

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1) by V.E. Schwab - Well, I'm talking about the UK release of the book, because it only release in the US in July I think? What I good idea I had to get Schwab's book in their UK version! #genius. In fact, even if I didn't know what it was about, I would be crazily excited, because Victoria Schwab is an amazing writer and I adore her. This one is about monsters and explores, once again, what makes villains or heroes, like in Vicious.

Ivory and Bone (Ivory and Bone #1) by Julie Eshbaugh - This is the first debut of the list, I'm showing restraint here. Anyway, I don't much about it, except that it's a prehistoric novel. Have you ever read anything like it? I haven't, which makes me so ridiculously excited about it. Can we have mammoths, please, please? No but seriously, the setting is so unique, I'm curious.

                                                                         June 14th                                                                          


The King Slayer (The Witch Hunter #2) by Virginia Boecker - The Witch Hunter was one of my favourite books of last year, but I still haven't posted my review, haha. That's the problem, when you read like a maniac, but anyway, I'll do it. This series is an alternate history with witches and the Inquisition hunting them down. It's something I L.O.V.E. (even if it's pretty awful) and it calls to my soul. Moreover, the main character was at first a witch hunter, which was pretty cool, until she was showed who the actual villain was. Also, she's blonde and called Elizabeth, which is my second name. We're meant to beeee.

                                                                          June 28th                                                                         


And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White - This is a fantasy about Vlad the Impaler as a girl, what even? It's one of my most anticipated books of the year I think, because come oooooon. Also, I read Illusions of Fate back in December by this author, and it was so amazing! I can't wait to read more of her books, and this one is getting so many amazing reviews!

The Darkest Magic (Spirits and Thieves #2) by Morgan Rhodes - Morgan Rhodes is an amazing fantasy author and she totally broke my heart with the ending of Falling Kingdoms, so obviously I want more from her, even if it's not Crystal Storm yet. I like that this prequel series is set in Ancient Mytica but also Toronto, the mix is perfect. But I don't remember much about what happened in the last one, so I'll need to refresh my memory soonish. Also, I think that A Books of Spirits and Thieves was part of the first books I reviewed here, a year ago, how time flies.

Did you get an ARC of any of these books? Are you excited for them? What are you excited for in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment