Tuesday 29 December 2015

Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2016 | Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is about our most anticipated releases for the first half of 2016. I decided not to include Debut Novels, since a few weeks ago, a topic was dedicated to that. You can still go back and (re)read my post on this topic.




1. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (out January 5th)

I loved Bracken's Darkest Minds trilogy, I read it around this time last year, it's one of my favourite dystopia ever. This book is about time traveling, a new trend in YA for the coming year. Also, it involves a ship so I'll read any books involving that. The book trailer is also fantabulous, except it promises a lot of pain ("It's okay, someday, I'm gonna be with you"). 

2. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (out January 5th)

I devoured the author Something Strange and Deadly's trilogy in October, because I was anticipating this book and I wondered what the author had in store. Oh my, I wasn't disappointed! Truthwitch is a high fantasy involving two best friends, one of them is a Truthwitch, which means she can tell truth from lies. Because of that, everyone wants to get their hands on her, so she has to fight for her life, helped by her friend, a prince, but also hunted by a Bloodwitch. It also has a trailer.

3. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (out January 26th)

This book sounds amazing! It sets in the Regency (early 19th century in England) and it involves demons, OMG. I think I've talked about this book a lot, but I'm sooooo excited. The summary is a little reminiscent of The Infernal Devices, which makes me so much more excited! It's by an Australian author, so I think it has already been published in Australia?


4. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine (out February 16th)

The cover is the coolest, tbh. This is a retelling of Snow White and it sounds dark and magical. I haven't read anything by this author, but I'm so excited! Basically I think almost all of the books I've put on this list are high fantasy, but so many are released next year and I'm dying to read them all!

5. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab (out February 23rd)

Have I read the synopsis for this one? Nope, because it's A Darker Shade of Magic's sequel, so of course it will be awesome! The concept of this book is amazing, since there are four different London and the main character can travel to all of them (well, except for Black London, but that's another story). The cover features Lila, who wants to be a pirate so yes, of course I want it!


6. Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima (out April 19th)

This book is a spin-off series set a generation after the Seven Realms series. My boyfriend made me read this series last year and I loved it, okay? All the love to these books, if you haven't read them yet, do it please: here is the synopsis of the first one. I'm really excited about this one, it features new characters and expands the world so yaaaaay!

7. Ruined by Amy Tintera (out May 3rd)

This sounds amazing! It's about a girl whom kingdom was destroyed. To get revenge on the people who did it, she infiltrates the royal family of another kingdom by marrying the heir to the throne. She also means to find her sister and REVENGE REVENGE REVENGE. Okay, I want it.

8. Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen (out May 3rd)

The Malediction's Trilogy is a little like my baby, because I feel like it's underrated and I need more people to read it, so every time I mention it, it's like I'm throwing *kindly* the books in your faces. It's about a girl who wants to be a singer and will be moving with her mother in the city to accomplish her dream but... She is sold to trolls and is forced to marry one of them. The trolls has been stuck under the mountain for five hundred years and they believe she's the key to breaking this curse. Hidden Huntress, the second book, finished on a cliff-hanger and Warrior Witch will be the last book in the trilogy. I'm so excited to see how the characters will try to resolve what happened, because it was wow. 


9. The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker (out June 14th)

I read the first book, The Witch Hunter, two weeks ago, and I'm obsessed. It's set in an alternative England in the 16th century, at the time of the witch hunts. The main character, Elizabeth, is a witch hunter, but after she is found with medicinal herbs, she is arrested for witchcraft. She is saved by the wizards themselves and she has to make a choice: which side is she on? Seriously, it was one of the best books I read all year (even if it wasn't perfect) and I'm so excited to read the next one!

10. And I Darken by Kiersten White (out June 28th)

This book is a high fantasy set in the Ottoman's Empire, OMG what? I've never read anything like that! The main character, Lada, and her brother are abandonned by their father and raised in the Ottoman's courts. Of course, she's planning revenge and to go back to her kingdom, but she realizes the sultan's son is different.

To be honest, I'm excited for so many books, I can make a list for all of them, because so far, I've added 74 books published in 2016 to my TBR... And most of them are released in the first half of 2016, so the list is far from over. I mostly talked about beginning of new series, because I'm so excited to discover new worlds!

Which books are you excited for (first half of 2016)?

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm so excited about the first three books on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy we're finally in January, which means the wait is almost over ;)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I think I may have to add some new books to my TBR after seeing your list.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-37/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it's the same for everyone and then we'll wonder how we can read all of those books! :)

      Delete
  3. AHH. So many fabulous choices Lucie! Passenger and Ruined both sound absolutely amazing, and I'm crossing my fingers they turn out to be as good as they sound. xD Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! There is so much hype for Passenger, I'm a little scared because apparently some people were disappointed... But I hope hope hope, because time traveling should be great! :D Thank you Zoe for saying that, and stopping by :)

      Delete