Tuesday 19 April 2016

Dewey's 24 Hours Read-a-thon TBR



Hi guys!

April 23rd, meaning this Saturday, Dewey’s 24 hours read-a-thon is happening and I decided to participate this time around. It wasn’t on my monthly TBR because I decided to join on a whim, after seeing a tweet. It's time to do something about the TBR pile!

Obviously, the goal is to read as much as you can in one day and to share the experience with everyone else. During the day, there will be giveaways, mini-challenges, reading sprints; I’m sure it will be a lot of fun.

It’s only the second read-a-thon I’m participating to -I participated in Bout of Books in 2014, but that’s it- and I’m really excited, because we only have a day!

Since the read-a-thon is only 24 hours long, everyone in the world is starting at the same time, in France it makes me start at 2 p.m.
Part of me knows one more day won't do anything except postpone the heartbreak. But another part of me believes differently. We are born in one day. We die in one day. We can change in one day. And we can fall in love in one day. Anything can happen in just one day.” (Just One Day, Gayle Forman)

Because it’s a 24 hours read-a-thon, I’m choosing shorter books to be able to finish my TBR. Maybe I will even try to start one of the books before the beginning of the read-a-thon, since it only begins in the afternoon for me. It also means I’ll finally get to some of the novellas that I have on my e-reader. Now, let's take a look on my TBR, shall we?






Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins
Morrhigan by Mary E. Pearson
The Moth and the Flame by Renee Ahdieh


Do you love read-a-thons? Do you plan on participating to this read-a-thon? Have you read any of the books I mentioned? How do you choose the books on your TBR?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I completely forgot about the 24 hour readathon. I'm not good at just READING, especially since it's reading as much as you can. I think I'll have to think about whether I should participate or not!

    I hope you enjoy your books! I think it's great that you picked shorter novellas, because it'll serve as a break in between your longer books :) And you won't get burned out easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I had a busy day: I ended up seeing my best friend all afternoon and then I had family at home, but I managed! I finished exactly what I planned on my TBR for the readathon, I'm so proud of myself! Have you participated in the readathon, in the end? :)

      Delete