Friday 1 April 2016

It's Spring time! | March wrap-up & April TBR

Spring is finally here!

I don’t feel like I did much in March, I had to study a lot the first half on the month, and then I read all I could to feel better about it. I hope I’ll have a more exciting month in April, but this one was still fairly decent.

The first week of March, I was on holidays but well… I didn’t get the chance to rest, since I had a ton of assignments due for the next two weeks. On March 3rd, I went to see the ballet Swan Lake, which was my second time seeing it. It was really good – well it’s Swan Lake obviously – but apparently the orchestra had drunk too much and played too fast, which means at some point, the dancers had a hard time following them. I couldn’t take pictures sadly, because it was forbidden, which I totally understand. Also, I have a problem with my computer since March 6th, which means I had to take a hiatus. My computer went back to the store two weeks ago, but I still don't have it. If I'm late on comments, it's because of that, because I can only use old and almost dead computers. πŸ˜•



 In the next two weeks, I was mostly working on my assignments, so I didn’t do anything interesting. On March 18th, though, I went to my hometown’s museum. We have a partnership with Versailles, which means they lend us pieces of art and the museum can organize exhibitions. It was the last week of the exhibition, so they had organized a night where the exhibition was free and there were animations, like actors in the exhibition itself, a weird (like really weird) reimagining Sleeping Beauty’s ballet, songs and so on. You could see they spent a lot of time organizing the whole thing, it was really good. I’m excited for the next exhibition, but well, it’s about Napoleon, an era I’m not very fond of.


Lately, at university, they’ve been talking a lot about what we can do for our master degree, which is very stressful, because I don’t really know, but also quite exciting. I can’t believe it’s been three years since I graduated high school, time sure flies by. I’m pretty conflicted; because I want to work in cultural heritage or cultural affairs in general, but the degree I want only take students for the second year, which means I have to start something else in the meantime… Without knowing if they’ll accept me.

Last week was Easter, which I celebrated with my boyfriend’s family and they’re eating all the time. My stomach can’t follow them, sadly. We also went to see Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, which I really liked, no matter how many negative reviews I’ve seen. I think I’ll do a post soon where I’m talking about all the movies and shows I watched this month, I’ll talk more about it then.

Also, it’s Spring now –even if it rained two days straight in Paris the last days of the month- which means lighter clothing, I’m so relieved, because I don’t really like the cold. ❄
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury 4.5 stars
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson 4.5 stars
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman 4 stars
The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine 5 stars
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare 5 stars
Starflight by Melissa Landers 4 stars
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani 3 stars
The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins 3.5 stars
I Am Alice by Joseph Delaney 2 stars
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers 4 stars
Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor 2 stars 
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows 4 stars
Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder 3.5 stars
The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski 4.5 stars

E-NOVELLAS

The Black Knife by Jodi Meadows 4 stars

As you can see, I read A LOT this month, because I had a lot of free time in the second half of the month. I read some pretty good books this month, I hope to discover new ones in April! 😊



I got the card as a preorder gift for The Mirror King. 
If you can't see it very well, it says "This was love without masks"


I got COFA because I didn't own a copy anymore (a French version I lent to someone who never returned it... *sigh*) and it was a used copy. Moreover, I don't think I will be able to find this edition much longer. I don't own COHF as a paperback, but I have the hardcover first edition, so it's fine!


Goodreads challenge: 37/120. I'm REALLY ahead, but every time I read a novella I feel like it's cheating... If I have a reading slump, at least I won't stress out about my GR challenge. πŸ˜‚

Flights of Fantasy: 25/50. Okay, I'll be done with this one in June. I read tenbooks for this challenge this month, so yeah. Fantasy is what I have the most of on my TBR these days, so I'm not that surprised.

Retelling challenge: 5/20. I'm slowly catching up and now I'm on track! I read the Forbidden Wish, The Shadow Queen and the Great Hunt, which were amazing or just good enough for the last one. These books made me want to read more retelling!

2016 Debut challenge: 6/15. I only read Into the Dim this month, which I had been anticipating for months, but it wasn't great *cries*. 

Starting next week, I'll do monthly posts where I talk about the shows and movies I watch. I'm still giving you the list because that's how nice I am. πŸ˜‰

Shadowhunters - the Flash - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Agent Carter - DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Arrow - Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice 



I'm not setting a huge TBR for myself this month, because I wanna read as many new releases as possible, but I don't know how it'll go, since I'll be on holidays at my parents' house half the month, which means my preorders might not be on time in Paris. But I shall have faith in the Book Depository.

Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Asunder by Jodi Meadows
Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (reread)


Top 3 new releases I'm excited for:

1. Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima
2. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
3. The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows     

How was your month? Tell me your favouite book you read this month. What do you plan on reading in April?

2 comments:

  1. As always, you've read so much! I'm in a bit of a reading slump right now, so I'm a bit jealous to see how much you've read!
    I can't wait to see those monthly posts on TV shows and movies - we can fangirl lots about Shadowhunters there too! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry! But you're doing NaNo and uni is crazy for you! Right now, it's the end of the semester for me and I only have finals in three weeks (well I have two next week but it's okay), so I have time! :) Yesssss! But I'm so late on all my posts right now, I need to catch up so bad! It'll come but I also need to work on my post for conversations! ;)

      Delete