Sunday 31 July 2016

Internship + BookTube-A-Thon | July Wrap-up & August 2016 TBR



July is now coming to a close, which makes me so sad, because it means that we're halfway through the summer and that my internship is over. Time is flying by and I feel like I have no time to really enjoy it. I've been in a blogging slump for the last few weeks, because I was so tired when I came home that I hadn't the will to read/blog/catch up on TV shows… I hope I'll do better in August, even if I'll be working at a local library as a summer job (but with all the books, I should be motivated, right?).

During the whole month, I was still at my internship and it was great! I learnt a lot while I was there and it helped me to really know what I wanted to do in the future. I'll need to study hard for the next few years and it will be a little complicated (but I should talk about it more in September I think, so stay tuned for that), but I'm getting excited about the future, which had always lacked in my life.



While I was at this internship, my boyfriend got me flowers (it was the first time and it was so nice!), then we grabbed some lunch and we'll definitely go back to this restaurant again (the juices are so tasty). My tutor also got me a book, which I wasn't expecting and it made me so happy, because you know, BOOKS! Well, it's in French (translated from German), so I won't be able to talk about it here, but I'll spend my August reading it, which might take a while, as it is 1126 pages long. I'm really interested to read it because for the past few years I've only been reading YA fiction and I would like to diversify my reading life. I also went to Sceaux, where a 17th century castle was destroyed during the French revolution, so the 19th century castle there isn't amazing, but there were still remains of the 17th century domain, so it was great!



With my boyfriend, we've been on multiple adventures during the week-end and it was so much fun! We went to the Musée d'Orsay for the exhibition about Charles Gleyre, a 19th century French painter, which I loved, especially all the paintings that represented the Orient. We explored Montmartre in Paris and it had been such a long time since I had been there, so I was ecstatic, because I love the atmosphere of this place, you definitely don't feel like you're in Paris. Finally, as I had free tickets, we went back to Vaux-le-Vicomte, the 17th century castle I had visited in May (and I might go back soon-ish, but we'll see what the future holds).


 During the third week of the month, I also participated in BookTube-A-Thon, because I was so bad at reading and needed a little motivation. It definitely worked very well, because I managed to finish seven books during that week (there were two short stories there, but still), so I was very happy with that, because it's the only reason I have a decent amount of books I read this month (for me I mean, haha).

My internship ended on Friday and I'll always be grateful for these seven weeks. I'm really sad about it though, because I felt like I kinda belonged there and it makes me optimistic for the future. This week-end, I met up with my best friend and we went to a restaurant, before going to our local bookstore, where I got her the French version of Six of Crows for her birthday! I'm so excited for her to read it!

I'm now trying to get back into the swing of things, I want to read and blog as much as I can, because I think next year at uni will be crazy... So I need to read all the books before that.

The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) by Michael Scott 3 stars
How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes 4 stars
The Darkest Magic (Spirits and Thieves #2) by Morgan Rhodes 4.5 stars
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 4 stars
Taste of Darkness (Healer #3) by Maria V. Snyder 4 stars
You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan 4.5 stars
The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout 3.5 stars
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1) by Victoria Schwab 4.5 stars
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany 5 stars

E-NOVELLAS & SHORT STORIES
Phoenix Ouverture (Newsoul #2.5) by Jodi Meadows 4 stars
Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 4 stars

REREADS
 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket #1) by Roald Dahl 4 stars
The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson 4.5 stars



Flights of Fantasy: 50/50. I've read fivebooks for this challenge this month, the Alchemyst, the Darkest Magic, Taste of Darkness, This Savage Song and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, so I'm done, let's party!

Retelling challenge: 10/20. Oops, it seems like I still haven't read any book for this challenge this month, I need to get back into it, but most retellings I want to read will be released in the Fall, so here is my excuse. *hides*

'16 Debut author challenge: 13/20. Well, it seems like I haven't made progress in this challenge either. But look, reading's been hectic so I've been choosing books I was 90% I would love and fly through. But I'll try for next month, I swear!


The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles #3) by Mary E. Pearson
The Jeromin Children by Ernst Wiechert (in French)

#ReadThemAllThon TBR:
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
PS I Like You by Kasie West
The Magician by Michael Scott
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent

How is your summer so far? Have you read an amazing book lately? Have you been able to go on vacation?


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh you live in France, that's so cool! I'm actually studying in France for a year (in 2019) so I have to actually...you know, learn French. Je sais un peu mais j'apprend lentement :') Love all your photos, they're gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete