Thursday 28 July 2016

#ReadThemAllThon TBR


I don't play Pokemon Go yet (I know, I know) because life is crazy right now and I'm already struggling to read and blog, I can't add something else in the mix, sadly. Nevertheless, I'm a fan of Pokemon, especially the first generations, I was part of those kids who were collecting the cards without knowing how to play but still played the video games. 

The #ReadThemAllThon, as well as the graphics in this post (except the trainer card), were created by Aentee @ Read At Midnight and will run from August 14th to September 4th. You can click here for all the explanation and the sign-ups (#lazy). This read-a-thon seems like so much fun and I can't wait for it to begin.

CHOSEN POKEMON



1. Read the first book in a series

The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. This book is one of my most anticipated reads of 2016 but I have yet to read it. I also should hurry up, because there is a lot of hype around it already and the title for the second book has already been announced. I'm so fascinated by Russia, I'm so pumped to get to this one.

2. A book that might make you cry

The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. I barely know anything about this book, except that it's a contemporary and not a fantasy book with snakes, hahaha. I didn't want to read it because I was assuming the wrong things at first. But anyway, I've seen a lot of people reading this (especially on Twitter) and saying it crushed them. I'm scared.

3. Read a book with thunderous hype

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling. I think we can't actually do better than this one, right? I'm planning on getting an ebook version, read it, and then buy a physical copy if I love it, because I'm scared. I want to know what will happen because let's face it, I will be spoiled if I don't read it, but I'm not a fan of all these additions to canon (except the Fantastical Beasts movies <3).

4. Read a book featuring diversity

Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour. I read You Know Me Well this month, which Nina LaCour co-authored, and I loved it so much! Because of that, I want to pick up more of her works and I've heard AMAZING things about this one. Except You Know Me Well, I think I've never read a book with a F/F romance, I need to remedy that.

5. Read a book with an epic romance

PS I like you by Kasie West. Kasie West is one of my favourite contemporary authors, she writes cute and fluffy romance novels that I fly through and gives me feels (which isn't that easy, as I'm not exactly a romantic). PS I Like You just came out on July 26th and it's summer, it'll be perfect.

6. Read a book with fantasy or supernatural elements

The Magician by Michael Scott. After years of putting it off, I read the first book in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series last month and while I wasn't impressed, I feel like this series has a lot of potential. I don't want to forget all about The Alchemyst by the time I'm reading the second book, so it'll definitely be happening in August!

7. Read a book with a red cover

Heartless by Marissa Meyer. Well, it doesn't have an actual red cover, but it's the best I can do, so we'll make it work, right? I won this ARC in a giveaway last month (I still can't believe it!!!!) and I'm so excited to finally be reading it. I'm a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland and Marissa Meyer is great at fairy tales retellings, so this book is bound to be amazing. ;)


8. Read a book with post-apocalyptic settings.

The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent. I have literally no post-apocalyptic book on my TBR at the moment, because The Flame Never Dies will only be released on August 16th, during the readathon. That was close, or I wouldn't have been able to choose a book for that challenge. Anyway, I cannot wait to get my hands on this one, because while it was a dystopia, the society was quite unique (it involves religion and demons and burning people and I'm dying here don't you see????).

Are you planning on participating to this read-a-thon? Have you read any of the books I'm planning on reading? Do you play Pokemon Go? 

1 comment:

  1. Hahah I should have thought of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for my hyped book! Oh well, I don't even remember what I put for mine hmm. I wish you the best of luck with the readathon Lucie!!

    ReplyDelete