Sunday 1 November 2015

I didn't celebrate Halloween but met Leigh Bardugo | October 2015 Wrap-up


Hi guys! As you’re reading this post, I’m currently on my way back from the Netherlands and have met Leigh Bardugo *fangirls* October was a pretty tiring month because school all over again. Hopefully, I’ve been on holidays this past week and I went to Germany to visit my boyfriend who is abroad for the term (that’s why I’ve been MIA for more than a week, he doesn’t have Wi-Fi yet…).

WHAT I READ

Never, Never by Brianna Shrum 3 stars
Le crime du comte de Neville by Amélie Nothomb 3 stars
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1) by Claudia Gray 5 stars
Slasher Girls & Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke 3 stars
This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee 5 stars
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle 4 stars
Firewalker (The Worldwalker’s trilogy #2) by Josephine Angelini 3.5 stars
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly #1) by Susan Dennard 5 stars
A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly #2) by Susan Dennard 4.5 stars
Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3) by Susan Dennard 4.5 stars
The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan 4 stars
Born to Endless Night (Tales of Shadowhunter Academy #9) by Cassandra Clare enovella 5 stars
Lair of Dreams (The Diviners #2) by Libba Bray 3.5 stars
Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) by William Ritter 3.5 stars                     
Ice like Fire (Snow like Ashes #2) by Sara Raasch 4 stars
The Favourite by Kiera Cass enovella 3.5 stars
A Curious Tale of the in-Between by Lauren DeStefano 3 stars
Mortal Gods (The Goddess War #2) by Kendare Blake 4 stars
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab 4.5 stars
Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1) by Danielle Paige 3.5 stars
The Wicked will Rise (Dorothy Must Die #2) by Danielle Paige 2.5 stars

I had a weird reading month – but great! – because I read five books during the first two weeks of the month, and then I acted crazy and read three books in one week-end! Lair of Dreams took me forever to read though (two weeks), I read six other books between the moment I started it and the moment I finished it. It was just SO LONG but great. I became totally obsessed with the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy, I read these books in five days, it was so addictive! My love for Susan Dennard doesn’t have bounds now. Then I was on holidays so… I read one book per day or more.

WHAT I WATCHED

Because it’s October, it means my TV shows are back, yay! Unfortunately, I don’t have time to watch all of them… *sighs*

Once Upon a Time (season 4): Sometimes, I’m wondering where the show goes, because when you think where it started… Anyways, I love the Camelot storyline of this season, it’s getting so intense!

Arrow (season 4): There are SO MANY storylines in this season, it’s crazy! However, I’m enjoying every single moment of it. And Olicity is on point now J

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (season 3): Will Grant Ward be a useful character this season? That’s what I’m asking myself season after season now, because seriously… Still, things are intense with the Inhumans but also with Jemma.

The Big Bang Theory (season 9): As fun as ever, it is weird that I’m still not tired of this show after all this time! It is so entertaining and quick to watch, it’s a guilty pleasure when I’m coming back to uni.

I have so many shows I need to catch up on, like… The Flash or Downton Abbey!

WHAT HAPPENED IN MY LIFE


 

 As I said, this month was full of schoolwork, but it wasn't that bad, because November will be so much worse (I'm really scared). I didn't even bought a lot of books at the beginning of the month, because I was going to Germany for the holidays. As I mentionned at the beginning of this post, I went to see my boyfriend in Kleve, near the boundary with Netherlands. So of course, I HAD to go to Rotterdam to meet Leigh Bardugo on October 31st! I'll do a recap of the even next week, so stay tuned for that, but spoiler alert: it involves awesome cupcakes. My boyfriend won a hardcover of Six of Crows (because he's the lucky one, I'm not :P), I'm so happy with that because I now have two copies of it (as you can see on the picture)!!! 

(I think I'm totally freaking out on that picture)

How was your month?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god I am so jealous, I didn't even know Bardugo was in the Netherlands! and only a 3 hour ride away I'm crying

    ReplyDelete