Saturday 20 February 2016

Love-A-Thon 2016 | Hellooooo, it's me



... And the Love-a-thon is starting! It's my first time participating and I'm so excited about it!

This event is hosted by: Alexa of Alexa Loves Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit, Hazel of Stay Bookish, Mel of The Daily Prophecy.


1.What’s your name?

Hi everyone, I'm Lucie! *waves*

2.Where in the world are you blogging from?

I live in France so yeah, from there! :)

3.How did you get into blogging in the first place?

I started watching BookTube videos and reading in English. I couldn't really talk about the books I read with my friends because well, those books weren't translated in French yet! So I started blogging in June 2015, because my life was calmer than usual, which allowed me time to do so.

4. How did you come up with your blog name?

I think it took me a week to come up with my blog name, tbh. But it's inspired by the sentence "Sea, sex and sun" and became "Tea, books and fun", which looks alike, if you think about it! :)

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?

Fantasy of course, it's like 70% of the books I read. I only read my first contemporary novel of the year this week (Me Before You and I'm still crying on the inside!), so yay to fantasy!

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?

I mostly do reviews tbh, because I read so much! But I also do discussion posts, tags and Top Ten Tuesday! :)

7. Best blogging experience so far?

I went to Leigh Bardugo's signing in Rotterdam October 31st 2015 and made friends there, then found them on Twitter, which is so great (if you're reading this, Lisa ;) )!

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?

Talking to so many people about books is the best, obviously! Like I said, I don't get to do it in my real life, because I would need to find people who read the same books I do... And in English!

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!

I already read some great books published in 2016 (I'm looking at you, Truthwitch), but so many exciting books are coming out this year!

1. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
2. Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima
3. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
4. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
5. Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes

10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!

1. Any book by Maria V. Snyder and I'm currently in the middle of Touch of Power!
2. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
3. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
4. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
5. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman

11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?

When I read Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen, I almost hadn't heard anything about it, so this one! So please read it guys, the third book is coming out soon and I NEED IT. NOW.

12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?

Delilah Bard from A Darker Shade of Magic. She knocks people out with books, we should be friends! This is a threat I've made before, ha-ha.

13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?

Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games obviously, even if I like dark-haired boys better ;)

14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad?

I'd take Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy, Avry from the Healer trilogy, Hermione Granger from Harry Potter and Nina Zenik from Six of Crows! #girlpower

15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?

I love ballet. I practiced for ten years, now I don't have the time for it, but... I still love to watch one (I'm going to see Swan Lake again in March, I'm so excited!). Also, I play the piano, even though I'm not the best at it. I'm a huge TV show addict, lately I've been loving The Shannara Chronicles and I'm so excited for Once Upon A Time to come back!

16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

I'm not a big shopper actually. I love buying dresses though, because they're so cute!

17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?

Somewhere only we know. I listened to many versions of this one, I love it so much! It's my favourite song of ever <3

18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.

I'd love to see Falling Kingdoms as a TV show, it would do great I think! But I don't know if I want any adaptations anymore, because some of them are dreadful!

19. What would your dream library look like?

It would have very comfy armchairs with cushions and blankets. Also, there would be a kettle and all the tea that I want! And yes, books, obviously ;)

20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?

Susan Dennard. I discovered her Something Strange and Deadly trilogy last year and fell in love with it. I also loved Truthwitch, so yes. Please. Someday. Can you come in France please?


Are you participating in the Love-a-thon? Link me your posts below ;)

4 comments:

  1. I FEEL YOU ON STOLEN SONGBIRD. I finally read the first two books earlier this month, and I'm DYING to get my hands on Warrior Witch now! I must know how it all ends. Also, excited for you to read Grave Mercy (and the rest of the His Fair Assassin series). It's very good historical fantasy! Thanks for joining the love-a-thon, and hope you're having fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you read and loved them, these books are fantastic! :D I feel like I had Grave Mercy on my TBR for ages, it's about time! I've heard some great reviews lately, which renewed my interest in it :) Yes, this event was so much fin Alexa, I'm so happy you and the other hosts organized it :D

      Delete
  2. YES GIRL, LADY MIDNIGHT!!! *hyperventilates* LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT :D
    And Maria V. Snyder books too, because well, Touch of Power was AWESOME right??
    And your blog name has such an interesting backstory to it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I can't wait! I hope my preorder comes early, like it did with City of Heavenly Fire, haha. I'd love it if Clare published two Shadowhunter books a year again, because she has so many exciting series in the work. But sadly, it can't happen, because she's writing the Magisterium series (which is just... Okay).

      Yes, Touch of Power was awesome! The good thing is... I have so any books of this author to read! :D

      Thank you, it made me laugh every time when I started using it! ;)

      Delete