Saturday 6 February 2016

The Lunar Chronicles Book Tag


Hi guys!

If you didn't know, Stars Above was released February 2nd, which is so exciting! If you don't know, it's the bind-up of novellas for The Lunar Chronicles and there is an epilogue! For fans of the series, it's such exciting news! But at the same time, I'm not ready to read it, because it'll mean it's the end of the series. For real. I'm so not ready to let it go, guys!

Because Stars Above was released, I was telling myself it's the best time to do the Lunar Chronicles Book Tag. This tag was created by Brittany @ The Book Addict's Guide.

Source
CINDER | The cyborg | a book that’s often misunderstood or under-appreciated

You have no idea how long I searched for an answer. I think a classic would be perfect to answer this question, but here is the thing: I'm French so I read a lot of French classics, but not English ones, so let's talk about French classics! I remembered that in my first year after high school, our litterature teacher assigned us to read The Charterhouse of Parma by Stendhal. All my classmates were so 'meh' about it and most of them never finished it. I devoured it and loved it. Everyone -at least in France- knows about The Red and the Black by Stendhal, which I wasn't a big fan of, I found the Charterhouse of Parma to be so much better. It's a love story by the way!!

KAI | The prince | a book about royals/royalty

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows is all about royals characters, it's in the title, ha-ha. Ten years ago, the Indigo Kingdom conquered Wilhelmina's homeland and since then, she's been in hiding. Of course, she wants her kingdom back. For that, she's infiltrating Skyvale's palace, capital of the Indigo Kingdom, where the royal family lives.

ADRI | The evil stepmother | a book with a horrible/cringe-worthy parent

Fallon's father in November 9 by Colleen Hoover, he's one of the worst parents I've ever read about. He's so selfish and couldn't even look at her daughter in the eyes at the beginning of the novel. All he cared about was his career and he didn't believe in her daughter, because of what she looked like. How about no? 

IKO | The spunky sidekick | a book with your favorite happy-go-lucky character

I would pick Sloane from Since You've been Gone by Morgan Matson. Even though we don't see her most of the book, she's the one who pushed Emily to do crazy things all the time. In the book, she isn't there, but she has a huge place, because she leaves a bucket list to her best friend. She  seemed to be a carefree and fun character to be around when Emily talked about it.

Source
SCARLET | The rescuer | a book with a character on a mission

In the Book of Ivy, Ivy has to marry the president's son, Bishop Lattimer, but she also has to kill him. This is a dystopian novel where two families struggle for power in their city. Ivy has to complete her mission for her family, but the more she gets to know Bishop and his family, the more she thinks there is more to it than power and questions what her family believes in.

WOLF | The fighter | a book with a brutal fight (with words or fists)

Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers -that I just reviewed- is about assassins so of course it involves fights and deaths. So yeah, it's not the happiest book in that aspect, but I still loved it. This world is obviously brutal, because the Families worship a goddess of death. 

LEVANA | The villain | a book with the absolute worst villain

The worst of all times, I don't know, but Lady Savant from A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano was pretty bad. She was lusting after power and was ready to do everything to have it, like killing children. Yup. She abducted the main character and all. It was a middle grade novel and if I had been younger, I wouldn't have gone out again.

THORNE | The rascal | a book with the biggest schmoozer

My boyfriend is, ha-ha. I'd say Nikolai from Siege and Storm, by Leigh Bardugo, who also happens to be one of my favourites... Like everyone else ;)

Source
CRESS | The hacker | a book about technology, or sci-fi

If you didn't know, I named my computer Cress, so yes, I'm far in my love for this series, but anyway. Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner is the conclusion to the Starbound trilogy, which was set in space. One of the main characters of the book, Gideon, is the best hacker of the world and I loved reading about that aspect. 

ERLAND | The doctor | a book with an illness or revolving around medical issues

I don't read a lot of books revolving about medical issues, but the first that comes to mind is Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon.  Maddie is allergic to everything, so her house looks like an hospital, which is so creepy. Everything is white and people have to go through decontamination to get into her house. What a nice place to live.
Source

WINTER | The unsound mind | a book with the craziest character you’ve ever read

So it means mental illnesses I guess? Tbh I haven't read a lot either because I'm not the biggest fan of contemporaries, but Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone was so good. I'm putting it into this category, because the main character was so unreliable and I gasped out loud when I read the last third of the book.

JACIN | The soldier | a book with a military theme

In Fire Falling by Elise Kova, the characters are marching up to go to the front, so of course, it's all about an army. I would have liked a little more fighting since it involves an army but well, it'll probably be in the next book that I probably won't read.

Have you read Stars Above yet? Which book is your favourite in the Lunar Chronicles? Who is you favourite character in the series and why? Are you excited for Heartless, Marissa Meyer's upcoming book?

4 comments:

  1. Ahh this is such a cool tag! I'll have to read the last three books to really get it I think - but I love your picks, especially Everything Everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need to, especially now that all the books have been released, because you won't have to wait for the next one! ;) It's really hard to let go of this series, because I read Cress when it was released (February 2014) and then had to wait for Winter to be released (November 2015) and it was SO hard, I just wanted to read it! So that's why it's harder, I think?

      I really enjoyed Everything, Everything, even if I'm not a HUGE contemporary reader. I love the cute ones, like this novel, so it was perfect! I'm excited to see what the author will write next! :)

      Delete
  2. I found this tag before and I think it's fantastic! And I agree about Winter and Every Last Word.
    Sadly, I haven't read Winter yet, I can't make myself do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it, but I discovered it a few days before Stars Above was released, so it was a perfect idea for a post! I get it, it's so hard to read it and know that after that, it will be over. I just got Stars Above and ugh I don't know when I'll get aournd it, because it has an epilogue *cries*

      Delete