Saturday 27 February 2016

Grabby Hands #3 | March 2016

Grabby Hands is a feature I created at the beginning of the year where I mention all the books I'm excited for in the upcoming month. We're at the end of February, so let's talk about March new releases! :)

Thanks to Goodreads' email: "Books coming out from authors on your shelves", I remembered all the enovellas, for once, I'm so proud of myself!

                                                                          March 1st                                                                         


Beyond the Red by Ava Jae - You got me at aliens, I think! I found that there are so many promising debuts coming out this year, I'm really excited. It involves a desert, which is unique and changes from forests all the time. Of course, it involves aliens, but Kora's situation is also pretty unique, because she's the first female ruler in generations, I'm looking forward to see this issue dealt with :)

Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor - The first cover with the girl was my favourite but oh well, this one is pretty too. This book is about time travel - a real trend this year, it seems - but it will be in the Middle Ages!!!!!!!! In case you didn't notice my exclamation points, I'm so excited because of that! It is actually set in Scotland and we'll see the court of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine. I love Eleanor of Aquitaine, you have no idea. And yes, it's another debut I'm ridiculously exicted about.

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro - This book is about Holmes and Watson's descendants. I've never read a novel like that, so I'm really curious about this one. I've heard of a Sherlock Holmes' retelling last year, Lock and Mori, but never got around to read it. Nevertheless, I'm intrigued by this one, we'll see how good it is.


Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie - This is a high fantasy set in a court, I don't really need much when that's the case, you know? It's about a girl who can feel other's emotions and she has to serve this emperor because she's the only one left. Of course, she has a hard time recognizing her own feelings and romance happens. Please book, don't be romance driven the way Sword and Verse was. I'm suspicious of every book of this romance-driven plot sin. #notfunny

The Black Knife by Jodi Meadows (The Orphan Queen #0.4) - This is the the fourth and final novella in a prequel to The Orphan Queen, centered around the prince, Tobiah. I loved reading about him so far, the four novellas form an interesting and gripping story of his evolution, before The Orphan Queen started. Moreover, there are excerpt of The Mirror King, even more exciting!

The Crown and the Arrow by Renee Ahdieh (The Wrath and the Dawn #0.5) - Basically, this is Khalid's point of view upon the beginning of the story. It's pretty short (9 pages according to Goodreads), but I'll still read it, because I'm really excited for the second book to be released in May!


                                                                            March 8th*                                                                    

*Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton also releases on that day in the US, but I already read it and didn't enjoy it that much, it was a 3 stars read for me. But you might like it, it involves desert, guns and jinnis


Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare - I've been excited for this book since it was announced meaning... Three years I think? If I'm being honest, I was more excited getting my hands on it than City of Heavenly Fire, which sounds crazy, I know. I was so sad when the release date was pushed away over and over. Like, I'm sorry but I don't care about the Magisterium series, I've read the first two books and it was just 'okay', in my opinion, same for the Shadowhunters TV show when we see how it is. I just want Clare to write two Shadowhunter books per year to have the Last Hours soon... I'm so excited this book is set in Los Angeles, it will features the faeries and the romance is between parabatai, so forbidden. Also, I'm blonde so I'm rooting for Emma, but it's a completely shallow reason. Guys, I can not wait. I need to have a copy now.

The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins - Oh my, I love the cover. I didn't like Sweet Evil by this author, it was full of tropes and kinda ridiculous. But just like Sophie Jordan's Reign of Shadows, I'm giving this author another chance, since this book sounds right up my alley! This book is inspired by a Grimm Brothers' tale, "The Singing Bone", I have no idea what this one is about but I don't care, I just need it. Also, it's a high fantasy so I don't need anything else.


A Tyranny of Petticoats edited by Jessica Spotswood - I just read what this book is about and yes! It's a collection of short stories about daring heroines. So basically, it's a winner. Then, I'll be listing some of the authors and you'll understand: Marissa Meyer, Marie Lu, Beth Revis, Leslye Walton, Elizabeth Wein and many others I don't know... Yet. I'm not the biggest fan of anthologies but if one of my favourite authors is on the list... I read it. And the subject is large and exciting. The good thing is that I could discover new authors. 

The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller - For some reason I thought it was to be published last month but I was wrong. This is an historical novel set in 1861 and the main character has to go to China. I think that there are awesome historical YA novels coming out this year, it's the time to jump back into my old favourite genre. Fantasy is my favourite genre these days, but it's true that historical is amazing.

                                                                        March 22nd 2016                                                              


The Moth and the Flame by Renee Ahdieh (The Wrath and the Dawn #0.25) - This is the story of Jalal and Despina from the Wrath and the Dawn and I'm so, so, so excited about it! Bring it on :)

                                                                        March 29th                                                                        



The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski - I'm really excited, like so many readers! I read the first two books in that trilogy in August and I've wanted the last book since then because come on, remember how it ended? Also, there was this huge debate about the new covers a few months ago (or was it weeks? I have no idea). Okay the new covers are ridiculous and don't represent the book well but I'm reading this series on my ereader, so it doesn't matter that much. The original cover is still the best though ;) Oh,and I want kisses, not a misleading title. And don't you dare giving us just one kiss because the title isn't plural. 

Which books are you most excited for in March? Were you able to get your hands of an ARC of any of this book? If so, tell me what you thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment