Sunday 17 January 2016

Chocolate Book Tag

I was looking for a fun tag to do, and I found the Chocolate Book Tag, which sounds really fun, because it combines two amazing things: books and food! You can find the original video here.
Will looked horrified. "What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?” (Clockwork Angel, Cassandra Clare)

Dark Chocolate -- A book that covers a dark topic (abuse, domestic violence, rape, lonlieness, bullying, death, etc)

This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee is a retelling of Frankenstein, so of course, it involves death and trying to get back from that, humanity and so on. I really enjoyed this book and it made me want to read the original story.


White Chocolate -- Your favourite light-hearted/humourous read

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This is definitely a book I read to be entertained and it totally works! It's a cute contemporary and I love it, I live next "Le Champo" movie theaters actually, so it was so much fun reading this book. I think I stayed up all night to read it, about two years ago.


Milk Chocolate -- A book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read.

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I loved her Something Strange and Deadly trilogy and devoured it in a few days last year. I'm so excited to read this book, but my order hasn't come yet (I'll have it on Monday or Tuesday, I hope)... I'm totally dying with anticipation.

Chocolate with a caramel center -- Name a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it

The Unearthly trilogy by Cynthia Hand, because the OTP feeling is real, okay? I think I need to reread this trilogy because it's been such a long time (two years I think) and I loved when Tucker called Clara "Carrots", and what a great relationship they had and just how basically they were screaming OTP all the time. They're my babies <3

Wafer-free Kit-Kat -- Name a book that surprised you lately.

The Secret Fire by C.J. Daugherty and Carina Rozenfeld. It's actually the last book I read, so stay tuned for my review on Thursday. I haven't heard a lot about this book, French bloggers are talking about it though, because Carina Rozenfeld is a French author, which made me really excited. I wasn't disappointed, it felt like a YA urban fantasy from five years ago and I loved it. Do you remember when the main characters had families with dark secrets that could change their destinies? This book was like that and those secrets were so interesting. Moreover, having two points of view actually made sense, because it was two faces of the same coin. I'm really excited to read the next one, even though nothing has been announced yet.

Snickers -- A book that you are going nuts about?

Soundless by Richelle Mead. I love this author, I read every book in her Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series (which means 12 books). But this book made me mad, because I felt like the author desperatly wanted to write something so we could stop thinking about her like the author of those two series. I was just disappointed, because I'm used to her books being fun, sassy and swoony-worthy. Here, it was not the case. Because of that, I lowered my expectations for The Glittering Court, but I'm still hoping. *sigh*

Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows -- What book would you turn to for a comfort read?

I'd turn to The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare because it's one of my favourite  trilogies of all times and I love to get back to these characters and this world! I'm not even a Jessa or Wessa shipper, I just love everyone so much, haha.

Box of chocolates -- What series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and a little something for everyone

Everyone is expecting this, but I don't care, because I can't help but think of Alan Rickman everyday... So Harry Potter! It's about friendship, magic, school, family, love, death, sports, laughing and so much more!


This is a very old tag, so I won't tag anyone, but feel free to do it. Moreover, if you have ideas of tags I could do, let me know in the comments, I love to do this kind of post ;)

Which chocolate is your favourite? Snickers was mentionned above and I loooove it. But basically everything with nuts.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get your white chocolate, hot chocolate and box of chocolate selections! Anna and the French Kiss is perfect for a light read - it's so cute! Plus, I feel the SAME about all the characters - I don't ship Jessa or Wessa, just because I CANT CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM! And yess, HP has got anyone covered for whatever they need <3 Love this tag!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing tags and I think it was actually the first I did this year, OMG! I actually live in the area where Anna and the French Kiss is set! :D Yes, they're all so perfect! I can't wait to read Lady Midnight btw, because it feels like we waited... Forever?

      Delete