Wednesday 16 September 2015

A New Hope | Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine in which we discuss our most anticipated upcoming releases. 

Title: A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Star Wars Illustrated Novels #1)

Author: Alexandra Bracken

Published: September 22nd 2015 by Disney LucasFilm Press

Goodreads summary: Acclaimed, New York Times best-selling author Alexandra Bracken delivers a captivating retelling of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope like you've never experienced before, infusing the iconic, classic tale of good versus evil with a unique perspective and narrative style that will speak directly to today's young readers while enhancing the Star Wars experience for core fans of the saga. 

This illustrated novel is the first in the highly-anticipated series and features richly detailed art by celebrated Star Wars concept artist Iain McCaig. Fans old and new will be delighted by this beautifully crafted book and the unexpected twists in this retelling of a beloved story.

MY THOUGHTS

When I saw Alexandra Bracken was writing a book based on Star Wars, I got so excited. I loved her work in the Darkest Minds and I can't wait to discover Passenger. I don't remember much about the Star Wars movies, to be honest, so I think it will almost be a new story to me. I read the first three chapters online and I'm pretty confident it will be epic, the introduction put me in the mood right away. I probably won't read the other books in this series, it's just that I think the equation Alexandra Bracken + Star Wars will be a success.

Are you excited about this book? What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucie, great post. I am just letting you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.
    Follow the link to my blogpost to receive the instructions. Keep up the good work :)

    http://ellesbellesbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/liebster-award_16.html

    Ellie x

    ReplyDelete