Monday 7 September 2015

Seasons for Books? | Book Discussion


With the change of seasons comes the change of clothes. The Fall is coming (Winter too, yes), which means coats and warmer clothes. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to depress you, so I'll talk about something that makes us all happy:

B   O   O   K   S

I don't know about you, but I noticed that I read more of certain genres during some seasons. For example, I like to have cute contemporaries for the summer, or more "heavy" books for the winter, I mean high fantasy, dystopia, sci-fi...

I'm so excited that the Fall is coming, because it is my favourite season, I love to see the colour of the leaves changing, that it's Halloween (even though we don't really celebrate it in France). Because it is that time of the year, there are certain types of books that I'd rather read than other. Of course, I'm also a mood reader and a sucker for high fantasy, so it doesn't mean I'll only read from the genres I'm going to list. 



WESTERN

I've never read a book from this genre before, to be honest, but I really want to try it. Western's landscapes always make me think of the Fall, with its brownish colours. Two books I'm anticipating are being released in this genre this Fall and I can't wait to get to read them: Vengeance Road and Walk on Earth a Stranger.

PARANORMAL & FANTASY

The right time to read paranormal books is Fall, let's be real. It's Halloween time, what's better to read about paranormal creatures? I don't have that much books of that genre on my TBR right now, buuut Lair of Dreams or Slasher Girls & Monster Boys. I can't wait to get my hands on Library of Souls because the photographies are a little creepy and create such an atmosphere. It's also the time to read about boarding school (because school is here again) like The Copper Gauntlet or The Sweet Far Thing. Witches is also something I want to read about, for example in Firewalker.

I can't really talk about seasons without mentioning one book in particular, coming out this October, which is Ice Like Fire. This high fantasy series is based upon seasons: the main character is coming from Winter's kingdom, for example.

Seasons totally make in a mood for a certain type of books, don't you agree? What are the kind of books you're eager to read during the Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment