Tuesday 8 September 2015

Ten finished series that I have YET to finish (but won't) | Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish

The more I read, the less I am likely to finish series, because I lose interest in it. It's rare that I haven't finished a series I'm interested it, the only example I have in mind is for the Gemma Doyle trilogy, because I haven't read the last book yet, but I'm planning to, I'm just waiting for Halloween. 

1. ERAGON BY CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI

I loved the first two books but I had to wait forever to read the third, and when I did... I couldn't remember anything about this world or the story, except who Eragon and Saphira were. To read the fourth book, I would have to reread the first three books in the series, and I have so many other things to read that I don't have the time.

2. THE WOLVES OF MERCY FALL BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER

I loved Shiver and I started Linger but I couldn't get back into the story, unfortunately. I never succeeded in finishing The Scorpio Races either, but The Raven Cycle is one of my favourite series. Go figure. 

3. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES BY KAMI GARCIA AND MARGARET STOHL

The only book I didn't read was the last one, and in fact, it was the smallest, haha. Anyway, I don't have any interest for Lena and Ethan anymore, even if Liv and Ridley were great characters. But not enough to read Dangerous Creatures, actually. 

4. THE WITCH HUNTER BY MICHELLE KRYS

I wanted to like Hexed so much, but failed. There is only one other book I have to catch up on, but I won't. 

5. SLAMMED BY COLLEEN HOOVER

I looooved Slammed. However, I don't like to read contemporary series because there is so much drama. There are two other books and when I read the summary of Point of Retreat, I felt it would go this way, and I hate that. So, no matter how much I love CoHo's books, I won't continue with this series.

6. THE MAZE RUNNER BY JAMES DASHNER

I really enjoyed the first two books, but I heard The Death Cure was really disappointing, so I never tried it. I read the prequel, The Kill Order, and never finished it. Still, I will watch all the movies but I'm not interested. In fact, I don't even remember what happened at the end of The Scorch Trials, which means I'm not interested anymore.

7. MATCHED BY ALLY CONDIE

I enjoyed the first book, two years ago I tried to read Crossed, failed, then tried again last year, then failed. Yeah. It's sad because I own all the books in that trilogy, but book two wasn't working for me, it was painfully slow.

8. THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER BY MEGAN SHEPERD

I found this novel to be gross. It disgusts me so much I don't have the will to go on... Moreover, the plot wasn't fantastic, and there is an unnecessary love triangle.

9. SERAPHINA BY RACHEL HARTMAN

I didn't really enjoyed the first book. I struggled to finish it, so there is no way I'll be able to read Shadow Scale...

10. KANIN CHRONICLES BY AMANDA HOCKING

When I read Frostfire, I was so confused because I hadn't read the main series (it's a spin-off) and it felt so much like previous YA series that I hadn't any interest to continue. However, the covers are GORGEOUS.

Did you finish any of these series? Are there series you're late and haven't finished yet?
Let me know in the comments ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, YESS, I thought I was the only one who didn't like Seraphina. I felt so disconnected from the characters and had no intentions of ever reading the second book.

    Aentee at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eragon was the same for me. I couldn't get into the 3rd one since it had been so long, so not sure if I'll ever pick it up. I need to read Sinner, the fourth Shiver book. Great list!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of most of these series but have not yet started any of them. So. Many. Books. lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some good choices with a few for not continuing: Matched (I was so bored with the 3rd book I even gave up skimming it o.0); Maze Runner (I finished The Death Cure with more unanswered questions than I started); Wolves of Mercy Falls wasn't very great either.

    I totally forgot about Eragon!

    Point of Retreat surprised me by how much I enjoyed it! I was really worried it was going to be unnecessary drama too but it was a good sequel. This Girl was a little too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matched is a book I'm going to read, I got it for free in a blind book swap, but I'm kind of nervous about it, because from what I've heard about the book, it does not sound like my kind of thing at all. Oh well, I'll try it and if I don't like it, then I don't like it.
    My TTT; https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-21/

    ReplyDelete