Tuesday 22 September 2015

Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR | Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish

The Fall is here, I love that time of the year. I love to read paranormal books, because

(Ahem)

So, there are a few new releases that I have to read of course, but I don't particularly include those (like Winter and The Sword of Summer), but it's a little obvious. Let's see the creepy and monstrous books I'll read this Fall.

1. LAIR OF DREAMS BY LIBBA BRAY

I own it since its release, but I didn't want to read it before Halloween, because it is one of those perfect books for that time. It's set in New York in the 1920s, with paranormal crimes and characters with powers. For example, the main character lives at her uncle in a paranormal museum, isn't it perfect?

2. LIBRARY OF SOULS BY RANSOM RIGGS

The atmosphere of this book is sooo Halloween-esque, look at the cover! The photos inside! Just for that, I have to read it. It's also with teenagers that have powers, so yeeees. And it's out at the end of September.

3. THE CREEPING BY ALEXANDRA SIROWY

I'm not entirely sure of the synopsis, because I heard about this book months ago, but apparently, it's creepy (no, I'm not saying that because of the title) and I want to be scared by a book, but I also want to sleep at night - I don't make a lot of sense, I know.

4. THE ACCIDENT SEASON BY MOÏRA FOWLEY-DOYLE

I don't remember much of the synopsis either, but it's set in October, so I have to read it... In October. It deals with a main character whose family has accident every October. It might be magical realism, we'll see.

5. FIREWALKER BY JOSEPHINE ANGELINI

Witches! Parallel worlds! What could go wrong? Nothing at all... ;) I loved the first book and I can't wait to pick the second one up, the Fall is the perfect time for that.

6. ICE LIKE FIRE BY SARA RAASCH

Snow like Ashes was amaaaazing. Really. Go read if you haven't, it's high fantasy. The kingdoms are (mostly) based upon seasons, so of course I have to read it this Fall. I know, I could read it any season. I just want it so badly. October 13th, coooome to me!

7. A CURIOUS TALE OF THE IN-BETWEEN BY LAUREN DESTEFANO

It is a middle-grade story about a girl that can talk to ghosts. Do you need more? Do you? I read the first chapter on Amazon, I'm looking forward to discover that story. The first sentence is enough to make you want the book: "Pram died just before she was born".

8. THE SWEET FAR THING BY LIBBA BRAY

I am so late to this party, because I read the first two books, but I bought the last one in June. It was a little stupid, because it is the kind of book I want to read in the Fall. It has magic, parallel realms and is set in Victorian England *fangirls*. I loved the first two, so I'm on board!

9. SIX OF CROWS BY LEIGH BARDUGO

It's just that I'm excited. Six outcasts, one impossible heist. YESSSSS.

10. SLASHER GIRLS AND MONSTER BOYS BY A LOT OF YA AUTHORS LIKE MARIE LU AND LEIGH BARDUGO

Apparently, this is scary. It's a collection of short stories, so a) you can discover new authors b) if you don't like one story, you jump to the next c) you can read it during all the Fall months. I'm excited but I have goose bumps thinking about it, haha.


Which books are you planning to read this Fall?

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about Library of Souls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Libba Bray, she's an awesome writer, I hope you enjoy her books when you get around to them :)

    ReplyDelete